cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

All Star

How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

I am trying to figure out how to both cut and paste text between blocks and copy and paste from another source without losing the formatting I have set up.  Any time I do this, the pasted text shows up as plain text and I have to spend way too much time reformatting.  I've read different help articles, but I don't have the "Edit this block" or paste options to be able to set it up so that I can paste with styles.  

I get that the html coding may make it difficult to paste from an outside source, but why won't it keep the formatting if I've cutting/copying and pasting withing my Constant Contact template? 

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
CTCT Employee

Re: How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

Hello @RachelM508,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions! I'm really sorry about the troubles you are having when trying to copy/cut and paste from other sources or blocks. Unfortunately, the styles will be lost when copying and pasting from other blocks/ sources. It is recommended to format the blocks seperately after the content is pasted into your email campaign. This is functioning as designed in our new editor that your account is set up with, but I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our developers. I can understand how important your time is and that it can be time consuming to reformat. 

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Highlighted
Established Member

Has this been resolved? I have the same frustrations.

Tags (2)

Hi @Prielh 

I apologize you too are experiencing this formatting change. Depending on the original source of this content, the formatting might not be carried over. What content are you adding into your email? What formatting is being stripped? Where is this information being copied from (ex. PDF, Word)? As a workaround in the meantime I would suggest reformatting it once it's pasted into your campaign. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Your solution does not help me. I want to create different fonts for headings and different fonts for emphasis. When I save, the formatting I just did often does not save. 

I want to indent a paragraph. That formatting does not save.

I want to create some tabbed type spacing for a last of contact information at the bottom of each e-mail. 

When I format it so that it aligns, it does not save that way. 

This is all very frustrating. 

Please reply to Wes and Bonita

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @BonitaL63,

You will be able to adjust the formatting within the template. If you change the font before putting it into Constant Contact unfortunately nothing will save or look the same. After you type your content into a text block you can adjust the fonts individually so the heading is different than the rest. For indenting paragraphs, we do have a feature request for this. At the moment all we have is a work around, If you copy text that includes a tab from an external source (like Microsoft Word), the editor will convert the tab to non-breaking spaces. These will stay in the editor after saving. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I do a weekly newsletter and have this issue as well. It is a real time killer.

Hello @ChesapeakeConservancy. As Hayley said, text that is copied and pasted from other sources will typically lose its formatting when it is brought into Constant Contact. I understand how reformatting your text does take up time and I will submit your feedback over to our engineers. 

Caitlin M.

Allow me to pile on. This is an extreme waste of time and it makes me mad every time. I only work 10 hours a week so when I have to waste a half-hour re-doing something, it really chaps my hide. Please fix it so that we can copy-paste with formatting intact! Thank you!

Hello @ConcordCommunityMusicSchool. Thank you for your feedback. I understand how you would want to spend less time reformatting your text once it has been copied and pasted into your email. I will certainly submit your feedback over to our developers. 

Caitlin M.