cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

All Star

How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

I am trying to figure out how to both cut and paste text between blocks and copy and paste from another source without losing the formatting I have set up.  Any time I do this, the pasted text shows up as plain text and I have to spend way too much time reformatting.  I've read different help articles, but I don't have the "Edit this block" or paste options to be able to set it up so that I can paste with styles.  

I get that the html coding may make it difficult to paste from an outside source, but why won't it keep the formatting if I've cutting/copying and pasting withing my Constant Contact template? 

7 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

Hello @RachelM508,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions! I'm really sorry about the troubles you are having when trying to copy/cut and paste from other sources or blocks. Unfortunately, the styles will be lost when copying and pasting from other blocks/ sources. It is recommended to format the blocks seperately after the content is pasted into your email campaign. This is functioning as designed in our new editor that your account is set up with, but I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our developers. I can understand how important your time is and that it can be time consuming to reformat. 

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Regular Visitor

I do a weekly newsletter and have this issue as well. It is a real time killer.

Hello @ChesapeakeConservancy. As Hayley said, text that is copied and pasted from other sources will typically lose its formatting when it is brought into Constant Contact. I understand how reformatting your text does take up time and I will submit your feedback over to our engineers. 

Caitlin M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Allow me to pile on. This is an extreme waste of time and it makes me mad every time. I only work 10 hours a week so when I have to waste a half-hour re-doing something, it really chaps my hide. Please fix it so that we can copy-paste with formatting intact! Thank you!

Hello @ConcordCommunityMusicSchool. Thank you for your feedback. I understand how you would want to spend less time reformatting your text once it has been copied and pasted into your email. I will certainly submit your feedback over to our developers. 

Caitlin M

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

I am having the same problem. I have done a weekly newsletter for the last two years and was able to keep my fonts when copying and pasting, that is until 3 weeks ago. Now the font changes and it takes so much time to change each font in each box. Anything you can do to change this is much appreciated!

CTCT Employee

Hi @MichelleN97,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. If you are experiencing this issue within our Legacy templates, I would suggest to check if the "Paste With Styles" feature is on. To check this please click here. If this is happening within the new Third Generation editor, I would suggest to go into the design tab and change the body text and link formatting to match the source text, and then paste as a workaround. Also, you could try adding a text block in and then try pasting the text within the new block. Let me know if these troubleshooting steps and workarounds work. 

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!