cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to keep text formatting when cut/copy & paste?

This is such an inconvenience. I get word files all the time I need to copy into an email. Is there a way to go back to second generation?

Tags (3)

Hi @DanH777

I apologize for any inconvenience caused from the workaround we have given!  I also did want to mention we are not switching accounts to our previous Second Generation Editor. However I took a peek and can see you have Legacy Templates in your account. If you copy these Legacy Templates it will give you access to our Second Generation.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Chiming in to remind everyone at Constant Contact that it is 2019.

I waste a huge part of my morning reformatting up to 60 boxes, when I receive them all PERFECTLY formatted. 

Please fix, as soon as possible. 

Thanks! 

Greetings, 

I am adding on as an additional client frustrated with this issue as well. It definitely devours a large amount of time. 

Participating Solution Provider

Hi there, perhaps we can be of help. We are one of Constant Contact's award-winning Certified Solution Providers and for the past 10 years, have been managing a large number of email programs for Constant Contact clients, saving them a huge amount of time, and ensuring their emails look great and are done right. More information here.

David Fischer
Solutions for Growth
Master Certified Solution Provider

Hi @Operaintheh 

I apologize you too are having this experience with the formatting of your text. Where are you copying and pasting from this information from? We have seen cases where text copied and pasted from websites does not carry over all formatting or styles. I apologize in these cases we suggest formatting the text once it's placed in your email as there is no way to prevent this from happening. However knowing where the text was originally is a helpful detail to troubleshoot further.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.