cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send to List A, but exclude those people who also appear on List B

SOLVED
All Star

Duplicates in lists

Thanks Procrastinator! Your advice re: the best practice of sending to all lists at once makes sense, and I can see that when accessing resend options. I'll use excel for my current situation and send to all lists at once in the future.

Participant

Duplicates in lists

With the "CC Analysis" tool you can subtract lists to do the trick for you. The "CC Analysis" tools was created to be used for analysing across multiple emails and have "adding","Subtracting" and "excluding" capabilities between lists more: http://www.mitdigitaleoje.dk/CCAnalysis/CC_Analysis.html

Exclude contacts for 1 mailing

I have a master list of all my contacts that I regularly communicate with.  However, there are times were I want to exclude certain people from a particular mailing (don't want to promote a module to people that have already licensed it). 

Is there a way to exclude these people without downloading the entire list, removing them manually, and then uploading a new list?  If I remove them through CC, it removes them from everywhere, which I don't want to do.

Thanks for your help.
Contributing Solution Provider

Exclude contacts for 1 mailing

When I'm sending to only certain people on a established list, I start by making a copy of the entire list into a new temporary list. In the new list, I delete those people "only from this list". Then when I send the email I send to this new temporary list. Wishing you success.

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Visitor

Re: Exclude contacts for 1 mailing

I have the same question regarding sending a message to people to remind them to register for our conference. I don't want the message to go to those who have already registered. I can create a new list of the email addresses of the people already registered. Can I somehow tell Constant Contact to send it to everyone who is NOT on the list of people already registrered? I don't want them removed from my database, but I do want to exclude them from a single mailing our to unregistered people.

Highlighted
All Star

How do I send a mailing from one list - excluding those that are members in another?

Heeeeelllp,

I have a mailing list that I would like to send to all the members that are not already in another list.

Suggestions?

Bruce.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do I send a mailing from one list - excluding those that are members in another?

Hi,

What you could do is merge the original list into a new list, effectively making a copy of the original list. Once the list is merged, go into the new list and remove the contacts you would not like to mail to.

If there is a large amount of contacts that need to be removed, you can create a file that only contains the contacts you want to remove from the newly merged list and then upload those contacts to be removed from that list.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

Re: How do I send a mailing from one list - excluding those that are members in another?

I am not exactly sure I understand what you are saying....

My final goal is to have members of one list click on a link that will have them opt-in to a different list. They need to choose to go there.  But I only want to sent the email to those who are not already in the that list.

Maybe this will help more...

Email to List A  ---> do you want to go to List B? (If member of List A is already on List B do not send the email)

Does this help?

Thanks for your time.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

What I am suggesting is removing the contacts that are already in list B from list A. Merging list A into a new list would allow you to remove the contacts that are already in list B without affecting the original list A. Merging a list creates a copy of the original list.

If this doesn't make sense, please private message me with your telephone number or call us at 1-866-289-2101 for assistance.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

Gotcha! 

Thanks.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!