cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to subtract list of new members from receiving membership campaign being sent to several lists?

Highlighted
All Star

How to subtract list of new members from receiving membership campaign being sent to several lists?

I'm emailing my membership campaign to several of my contact lists. But I don't want to send to people who have already joined and their names appear on several of the list. Can I give the "new member list" as a "negative" so that they are sent the campaign?

2 REPLIES 2
All Star

How to subtract list of names from a group of lists before sending an email out

I'm emailing my membership campaign to several of my contact lists. But I don't want to send to people who have already joined and their names appear on several of the list. Can I give the "new member list" as a "negative" so that they are sent the campaign?

CTCT Employee

Re: How to subtract list of new members from receiving membership campaign being sent to several lists?

Hello @MargueriteW7,

That's a great question! It sounds like tags would be the perfect solution for you.

Taking the time to tag your contacts pays off when you reach the Schedule page. When you're ready to send, tags let you mail directly to the subgroup of contacts who are tagged, or exclude those tagged contacts, allowing you to customize your email to the audience you want.

Exclamation Point Icon Important: If you have more than 10,000 contacts in your account, you won't be able to narrow by tag.

1. While working in your email draft, add your branding and fill in your email content with text and images. Click Continue when you're finished.

Continue Button
  2. Under the Select Recipients section, select "Email Lists".
  3. Place a check next to each list you want to send to.
  4. Click "Narrow by tag".

Email Lists Options, List Options, and Narrow by Tag Link
  5. Choose the filter:
  • Send only to contacts who are also tagged with - To only send your email to your tagged contacts.
  • Don't send to contacts who are also tagged with - To exclude your tagged contacts from receiving your email.
  1. Select the tags you want to send to or exclude.
  2. Click Apply Filter.
    Note: You can edit it or remove the tag filter up until you send the email.

Filter Options, Tag Options, and Apply Filter Button
  3. Choose When to Send:
  • Send Now - To immediately send to your contacts. Click Send Now.
  • Schedule for Later - To select a future date and time to send to your contacts. Click Schedule.

Schedule Button

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.