Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

So I've made an autoresponder series that is trying to sell a product. I want to prevent the people that already bought the product to receive further emails from that specific series.
It is okay if its done manually because it is a small business.

I see that you can't remove an email from being "queued" in the autoresponder series.
I tried to change the permission to "temporarily hold" or "unsubscribe" but that disables the account from receiving any email from me.
All these look like workarounds and not actual fixes.
Is there an actual fix?
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

Hi @FirstNameL59184,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. It is possible for you to remove the contact from a particular list. To do this, go to the Contacts page by clicking on the Contacts tab located at the top of the navigation toolbar. On that page, check the checkbox next to the name of the contacts you want to remove from a particular list. Then, at the top of the columns, click on Manage Lists. Then select the Remove from Lists option and you will be asked which list you wish to remove the contact from. For more information on this, please click here. Once the contact is removed from that list, the autoresponder email will not send to them since the contact needs to be within the list in first place in order for the autoresponder to go out to them. I hope this helps. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @lucas_d for your reply.
I had tried removing the contact from the list but it seems that the name is still "queued" in the email queue within the autoresponder series.
Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @FirstNameL59184,

Thank you for reaching back out to us with this information. I can definitely understand how important it is for you to be sure that the contact does not receive the email they are queued for. After further reviewing with my upper level of support I have verified that the system upon sending, it will double check the listing that the Autoresponder is connected to and will only send to the contacts included in the list at the time of the send. The contact will still show as a queued contact, but the system will recognize that the specific contact is no longer in the list and it will not send to them. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. I will be submitting this feedback to the correct team for future references, for investigating purposes. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Visitor

Thank you so much your valuable information.

-------------------

CTCT Employee

Re: Re: How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

You're welcome, @user15211! Have a wonderful day! 

Amber_L

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

Thank you
I had tried removing the contact from the list but it seems that the name is still "queued" in the email queue within the autoresponder series. Please tell me how to remove it?

CTCT Employee

Hi @user473110

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm sorry to hear this contact still shows as queued for your autoresponder! This is something we would be happy to take a look into. P lease email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of your autoresponder series, and the contact you are working with. Once we have these details we can troubleshoot further for you.

Frankie P.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!