Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

So I've made an autoresponder series that is trying to sell a product. I want to prevent the people that already bought the product to receive further emails from that specific series.
It is okay if its done manually because it is a small business.

I see that you can't remove an email from being "queued" in the autoresponder series.
I tried to change the permission to "temporarily hold" or "unsubscribe" but that disables the account from receiving any email from me.
All these look like workarounds and not actual fixes.
Is there an actual fix?
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

Subscribing to that email listing seemed like an awesome concept on the time. email subscriptions regularly provide you with get admission to to coupons and other offers you would not in any other case recognize about. Plus, you may also receive a helpful newsletter with suggestions and beneficial information. however if you enroll in too many e-mail lists you could find that your email field is continually complete. So full, that it may be tough to find important enterprise-related messages. e-mail subscriptions can fill your inbox and decrease your productiveness. for a whole manual to finishing inbox clutter, down load our free ebook, The final manual to Inbox 0 Mastery. unfastened e-book The last guide to Inbox 0 Mastery if your e-mail inbox is full of newsletters and other messages you subscribed to, you are not by myself. e mail advertising is large commercial enterprise. some research, which include this one from VentureBeat display the go back on funding from email advertising to be as excessive as $38 for every dollar spent. while email newsletters crush your inbox, the apparent answer is to unsubscribe from these emails. not all of us knows the way to get organizations to forestall emailing you. Unsubscribing from emails isn't always as easy as it seems. And businesses do not always honor your needs. how to unsubscribe from e mail lists Are you equipped to prevent receiving such a lot of undesirable emails? (photograph source) on this submit, we address the trouble of the way to unsubscribe from an e-mail listing head-on. you'll analyze some basics about e-mail subscriptions. we're going to talk about the difference between junk mail and an email subscription. we're going to additionally speak the laws that govern spam. subsequently, you may find out a way to forestall receiving emails and find out how take measures in order that your e mail box does not end up too cluttered. Why electronic mail Subscriptions aren't unsolicited mail if you've signed up for an e mail publication you now not want, it can be tempting to consider that undesirable publication as unsolicited mail. but that isn't always the case. A publication subscription isn't unsolicited mail, even if you've modified your thoughts about trying it. e mail publication Subscriptions as opposed to junk mail while you subscribe to a e-newsletter, you've got entered into an agreement with the enterprise sending the publication. That settlement allows them to email content material (the newsletter) to you on a normal foundation till you end the settlement (unsubscribe or choose-out). In different words, you've opted in (selected) to get hold of emails from that organization. most email subscriptions come from legitimate organizations and companies. electronic mail spam is a extraordinary count totally. With unsolicited mail an agency come what may gets your email address and starts sending you unwanted messages without your permission. there's no settlement among you and the spam sender to acquire content. spam messages often come from an unreliable supply. junk mail messages occasionally have deceptive or fraudulent information. they might even incorporate a virulent disease or malware. in lots of instances, you might not see many junk mail messages in case your e-mail provider has an anti-unsolicited mail filter out. occasionally, they do slip thru the filter, though.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @FirstNameL59184,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. It is possible for you to remove the contact from a particular list. To do this, go to the Contacts page by clicking on the Contacts tab located at the top of the navigation toolbar. On that page, check the checkbox next to the name of the contacts you want to remove from a particular list. Then, at the top of the columns, click on Manage Lists. Then select the Remove from Lists option and you will be asked which list you wish to remove the contact from. For more information on this, please click here. Once the contact is removed from that list, the autoresponder email will not send to them since the contact needs to be within the list in first place in order for the autoresponder to go out to them. I hope this helps. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @lucas_d for your reply.
I had tried removing the contact from the list but it seems that the name is still "queued" in the email queue within the autoresponder series.
Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @FirstNameL59184,

Thank you for reaching back out to us with this information. I can definitely understand how important it is for you to be sure that the contact does not receive the email they are queued for. After further reviewing with my upper level of support I have verified that the system upon sending, it will double check the listing that the Autoresponder is connected to and will only send to the contacts included in the list at the time of the send. The contact will still show as a queued contact, but the system will recognize that the specific contact is no longer in the list and it will not send to them. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. I will be submitting this feedback to the correct team for future references, for investigating purposes. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!