cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

So I've made an autoresponder series that is trying to sell a product. I want to prevent the people that already bought the product to receive further emails from that specific series.
It is okay if its done manually because it is a small business.

I see that you can't remove an email from being "queued" in the autoresponder series.
I tried to change the permission to "temporarily hold" or "unsubscribe" but that disables the account from receiving any email from me.
All these look like workarounds and not actual fixes.
Is there an actual fix?
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: How to unsubscribe an email from only one list

Hi @FirstNameL59184,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.  I’d be glad to help you!

To stop a contact from getting any further autoresponder emails within a series, just remove the contact from the list(s) associated with that autoresponder series.  It will still show as “queued” as those are listed separately, but when the next email is actually sent, it will not find that particular contact in the list to send to so they will not get it.  As with all of our outgoing campaigns, it does not go get the contacts in the list attached to it until it is in the process of sending.  Here is an article on removing contacts from email lists.

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.