cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find a heatmap in the reporting. Anyone know how to access a mailing's heatmap?

SOLVED
All Star

Re: Re: I can't find a heatmap in the reporting. Anyone know how to access a mailing's heatmap?

Although I can see the clicks per person, I was hoping CC finally developed a heat map or an image of your campaign showing where everyone clicked. I hope you guys can catch up with the other email service providers soon.

Re: Re: I can't find a heatmap in the reporting. Anyone know how to access a mailing's heatmap?

Hi @XengV 

I apologize for misunderstanding your original post! The good news is we do offer heat map reporting. You can find this information by clicking Click Report on the individual reporting page for your campaign. 

2017-05-04_9-17-37.png

There are however cases where the Click Report tab won't display. These times being if you don't have any clicks yet, did a subject line A/B test, or scheduled your email to automatically resend to non-openers.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

I don't see the tabs that you're showing, let alone the Click Report tab. It should be there, since my email went out last week, and was not a A/B testing email, nor was it an auto resend to non-openers.

Tags (1)

Hi @XengV 

Thank you for following up with these details. I have taken a look at your most recently sent campaign, and can see it's reporting is custom code reporting. Was this email a custom code email, or made through the Constant Contact Mobile App? If so, I apologize at this time heat maps are unavailable in custom code email reporting. It is however a feature request I have submitted in your account. A heat map is a feature only available in our Third Generation Editor emails made through a desktop.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

You're correct. My campaigns are all custom code. Your explanation makes sense now and thank you for submitting that feature request.

Hi @XengV 

I'm happy my response was able to help answer your question! Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Regular Visitor

I'm having this same problem. It looks like you're being taken around in circles, and I'm getting frustrated trying to figure this out as well.

Hi @MichaelM5994 

I'm sorry to hear you're not seeing this information in your account. Where exactly are you looking for this heat map? I have taken a look at your sent email campaign and was able to locate this heat map. You can find this too by following the following steps:

1. Click Campaigns.

2. Click Status > Sent to help narrow your search.

3. Click on the name of the sent email you want to view.

campaigns-tab-status-sent-email-name-link-step123 (1).png

4. Click Click Report.

3ge-email-details-click-report-top-clicks-steps45.png

Were you able to find your heat map through following these steps? The highlighted areas shown under this Click Report section is where you can see your most clicked links live. You can even click on the heat map to see what URL is linked to the text or image. However it is important to note your particular campaign only includes one link in it, so there will only be one are highlighted. 

Frankie.P