cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled an activity as soon as it started but it still imported.

Regular Visitor

I cancelled an activity as soon as it started but it still imported.

On the morning of 17 October, i was cleaning up my tags on the system. I exported a list of contacts with a specific tag on Oct 16. There were 6341 names in there. I cleaned the tags and then I wanted to import them back into the system. While i was doing it, I selected "all lists". However, as soon as I started, I cancelled the activity. But, the changes have taken effect. And, Constant Contact doesnt have a system for me to reverse the changes. Can, someone, please advise as to how this can be corrected? I cannot go through 6000+ names individually to change them. thee HAS to be a simpler process. I spoke to Customer service and they advised me that nothing can be done. I would really appreciate a call back to get some resolution.
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: I cancelled an activity as soon as it started but it still imported.

Hello @SteveK800,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize about the experience you are having with your contacts. You can fix this by importing the same contacts into a brand new list again into Constant Contact, and then selecting the option to remove them from all of your lists. This works because you will still have them in your account and it will be easy to select them all at the same time, but they will not be in all of your lists anymore. Please take a look at our great article that explains how to remove multiple contacts from lists.

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.