cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate your new 'templates'

Visitor

I hate your new 'templates'

The new templates have taken away my ability to edit HTML and works successfully with images. If you can't fix this I am out of here
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: I hate your new 'templates'

Hello @WillS72,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand how having access to the HTML of the template can be extremely beneficial. Although there is no access to the HTML in the new Third-Generation Editor, we'd like to know exactly what type of edits you are looking to do so that we can pass this feedback along to our engineers for review. I will also add your account to a track for the request of this feature into the new Editor. However if you'd like to use the older Second-Generation Editor that does contain the HTML access, all you would need to do is to copy over an email that was originally built with the older editor. You can identify these templates with the ''Legacy'' title. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today.

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Visitor

Thanks for your response. There are times when working with pictures where it's necessary to adjust the alignment or the space around a picture so the text fits appropriately. Sometimes this has to be tweaked by HTML code. In the past one was able to adjust the space around the picture by using options in the program. But you took that away along with the ability to use HTML.
On a related note, the selection of templates available is disappointing in both quality and number of options available. I understand you make more money if we pay for a custom template, but there are enough small churches and other small nonprofits out there who can't afford that option but it really boohoo's Constant Contact to do better and providing cost-effective template options.
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @WillS72

Thanks for that additional feedback regarding the HTML editing options, we have passed this along to our development teams. We do apologize that you aren't able to find what you are looking for when selecting a template. Have you tried searching a specific search term such as "Labor Day". This will bring up specific templates shown below. We certainly understand that campaign design is an option however it may not fit into your budget, as a result we have sent you an email directly to the email on file with more information.

LaborDay.png

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!