cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP Blocking

Visitor

ISP Blocking

I have read several posts on the issues many are having with their newsletter being blocked by specific ISPs ...

I have been having this problem, and this week I send to all "Unopened" from my last campaign an email asking them if they did get my newsletter on 1/8 and just haven't time to look at it, or they never received it ...

This was sent from my regular email client using the same return address as the one from Constant Contact ... and there were over 800 on this list of a total list of 1100 ...

The overwhelming response was that they never received it as well as the last 2 years of campaigns.

Looking at their email addresses ... most are from comcast, gmail, aol, hotmail ...

How is this fixed ?

I have one good client that is contacting comcast next week to see what she can do on her end ...

But constant contact isn't worth anything if you can't get the emails to your clients that have major ISPs.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: ISP Blocking

Hi @TonyP919

I can completely understand how important it is for your contacts to receive your emails as they should. I apologize this is not the case! Because you are working with a large list of contacts with different domains, I would suggest reaching out to our Deliverability Department directly. Members of this team are specialized on this topic and can help troubleshoot this further with you. When you do call in, please remember to have the following details available:

• Your username

• Examples of contacts that this is happening with

• Name of campaigns contacts didn't receive 

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Visitor

I did contact the Deliverability Department ...

They were nice, but really had no insight why my emails only from Constant Contact are being blocked but same emails from my Outlook are not.

They gave me a document to send to my clients that gives them instructions how to white list my email, but they already receive it from my Outlook or even my phone when I send it to them. (They are two different sending servers)

They also checked the email to see if there were any blacklists of any reason they are being blocked ... and there were none.

I am sure the comcast, gmail, aol, hotmail, att email systems are not looking at just the sender email and blocking it, but the IP the server originates from ... that is the only explanation that makes sense ...

Hi @TonyP919

Thank you for reaching out to our Deliverability Department about this as well. Having your contacts whitelist Constant Contact is definitely a great troubleshooting step! If you are interested in doing this for the IP addresses Constant Contact uses rather than your email, this is something you can do. In fact, I can see a member of our Deliverability team has included the directions on how to do this in the email sent to you. Please let us know if whitelisting helps!

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!