cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Image Editing Problem

All Star

Image Editing Problem

I have been successfully editing images with image editor for at least one year. This week every time I edit an image within constant contact, it turns the image black.

I edit as usual -- in the editor everything looks good -- cropping and other minor adjustment -- but when I save I have this consistent error. The image is saved black.

15 REPLIES 15
CTCT Employee

Re: Image Editing Problem

Hello @DianaM064,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues while editing your images. I have a few questions that might narrow down this issue. Has this issue been happening with all images that you are editing or only some images, if only some, which images in specific? Have you tried using a different browser and following the same steps for testing purposes? Are you editing the images within the library tab or within an email campaign? You can email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the answers to these questions and also a reference to this post. This way this will assist us with narrowing down the cause of this issue. If you have any additional information that might be of use, feel free to send them over too. 

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

I am having the same issues.  I work off Chrome, using a mac.  I generally edit my photos before uploading them into Constant contact, so the only time I edit in Constant Contact is when Constant Contact uploads the image with the wrong orientation.  Meaning, the picture on my desktop is in the orientation I want, but when uploaded into Constant Contact, it is inverted or "twisted" - which necessitates an edit in Constant Contact.  Once edited and saved, the image becomes black.  It is pretty frustrating and has been happening to me for over a month.  Sometimes I can force the correct upload and avoid Constant Contact editing but that shouldn't be what is needed

Tags (3)

Hi @MargotF7

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your images. I apologize this is happening when you make edits to them. Does this happen with all images? Does this happen when editing via the library, or inside a campaign? Are you saving these edited images as a copy? This is something our support is looking into further. In fact, I have tracked this experience in your account. While we do not have a time estimate of when it will be resolved, we suggest trying a different browser or a private/incognito window. We have also added you to the queue to be notified when this is resolved. Please let us know if this browser work around helps!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Does this happen with all images? -no, but I can't figure out any pattern

Does this happen when editing via the library, or inside a campaign? -it happened in both places, I tried a work around because the library was doing it so I tried in the campaign (email) and it did it there too

Are you saving these edited images as a copy? -I have tried both saving as a copy and replacing and it happens in both instances

Hope this helps

Tags (3)

Hi @MargotF7

Thank you for following up on these questions! I will definitely add these details to the ticket we have created in your account. In the meantime, please do try editing your images through different browser or a private/incognito window. Working in a different browser or a private window typically helps.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

I'm having same issue.  I've lost three images now, all replaced by black box.  Please advise.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @TracyK86

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry that you are expereiencing the issue with the image editor blacking out certain images. We are having an issue on the back end with our third party image editor, we have reached out to them and are working to resolve the issue. If you are using Chrome on a Mac, oftentimes using Safari will correct the problem. I have tracked your issue so that our engineering team may notify you when corrected. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us here.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted

I also had this issue today. Incognito window did not fix. Using Edge instead of Chrome, however, did work.

Tags (2)

Hello @RENEW123. I'm sorry that you were having trouble editing your images but I'm glad to hear that you were able to use a different browser in order to make the edits needed. Sometimes, we can see this happening after a build-up of cache, especially if you tend to use one browser for a long period of time without closing it down. Usually doing something as simple as closing the browser and re-opening it can resolve the issue of not being able to make those changes to your images. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance. We would be happy to help!

Caitlin M.