cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Image (PDF) deleted from Library, link from email still works

Highlighted
All Star

Image (PDF) deleted from Library, link from email still works

We sent out an eNewsletter that linked to a poster that I loaded up in the Library.  Turns out there was an egregious error in the poster, and I was order to delete all versions of the poster from our website.  I deleted the PDF of the poster from the Library, but the link from the newsletter still works. Here's the poster that we want gone!

http://files.constantcontact.com/93c644c4201/f854be8d-af4d-49de-9c31-a9c5125c432a.pdf

I'm guessing that these links stay live even if the version in the Library is deleted so that email recipients never have a dead link experience.

Is there some way to make this photo go away???

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Image (PDF) deleted from Library, link from email still works

Hi @StephenM739,

Thanks for inquiring about this! We're so glad you reached out because deleting a document file from the Library should definitely break the link to that document in any of your past email campaigns. We'd like to look into this further. Can you send us an email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email campaign that contains the link and a reference to this post? Thanks!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Hello,

I am also having the same problem. I have deleted a pdf from my library that I no longer want to show on a mailer I have already sent out, but the pdf is still visable.

Is there anyway to stop this?

thank you

Hello @SylviaL298. We can certainly look into this for you. Usually the link should break within an hour of being deleted from the library. If the link still isn't broken now, could you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the name of the campaign where the link was inserted and which PDF you had deleted from the library and also a reference to this post?

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

I also cannot get a file deleted from an email even though I removed from the library. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @SWAPA1000

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I believe you sent us an email over and I will take a look at it now and see what we can do. In the meantime, if you need anything else please feel free to reach out. 

Thank you for contacting Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!