cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image editor automatically cropping image no matter what the edit

SOLVED
All Star

Image editor automatically cropping image no matter what the edit

Every time I have used the image editor the past couple months it seems to have this odd glitch that crops most of my photo out.  It doesn't seem to matter what type of image (jpg, png, etc.).  I will make an edit (for example, enhance, or resize) and as soon as I click on the button to make said edit, 3/4 of the image disappears and zooms in on a small part.  If I make the edit and save, it saves the image this way.  I have tried doing several different things to images and this happens every time. 

I thought I came up with a work around, as when I made an edit and the same issue came up and automatically cropped it like I mentioned previously, I could go to vignette, hit cancel, and it would show the full image again, but then once I hit save, it saved it as basically a corner of the original image again.  This didn't happen at all to me in the past two years of using constant contact, only in recent months.  Has any one else had this problem, or have any advice?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Image editor automatically cropping image no matter what the edit

Hi @JamesH8,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the editor. I will like to look into this further for you. If you can answer these questions, it can help us determine where the source of the issue may be: When you use the image editor, are you using it in the Library page or within the email campaign? What computer system are you using? Which browser are you using? Have you attempted to switch to a different browser? If you could, please provide a screenshot of the aftermath of the glitch when you tried to make an edit. Thank you!

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.29.19 AM.pngThanks for your reply!  I am currently using firefox as a browser.  When the error occurs, it happens in both the library, and when I try straight from the campaign.  My computer is a MacOS High Sierra.

I just now tried a different browser (chrome), and the issue isn't present.  I didn't think to try that.  Thank you for the troubleshooting!  I will change browsers.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @JamesH8

Thanks for letting us know that this is working for you now! Please let us know if you need any further assistance and have a great week! 

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!