Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images centered in some platforms and correctly in others

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Images centered in some platforms and correctly in others

All,

I'm a pretty new user of CC and this is my second campaign.  When I send a test email to my gmail address my email looks fine but if I send it an email platform we use for the company (vintage Lotus Notes based) it comes out with the picture centered and some of the text messed up.  Is it the email platform or my campaign?

Thank you for the help,

Jeff

bad email.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: Images centered in some platforms and correctly in others

Hello @JeffK407

I tested your email campaign to Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo. I was seeing the images right aligned, like it shows in your account. This leads me to believe that the issue is with the email client. We have the most common display issues with email clients listed in this FAQ, and depending on the version of Lotus Notes that you are using, this could be related to the CSS issues in version 5.0. 

Visitor

Thank you very much

I am having roughly the same issue. My images are right aligned, but are showing up like the screenshot below in various Outlook and Hotmail clients.

IPO.png

Hi @NavaC. I'm sorry this is happening to you. What version of Outlook are you viewing this on? I created a copy of your campaign, did some editing, tested it on Outlook 2010 and I am not seeing the image appearing in the text. Could you send yourself a preview and see if it shows correctly for you now?

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

The top image is from outlook.office.com and is also what is being recieved in Hotmail.

IPO 1.png

This is from the Outlook desktop application. The spacing is off and the header image is moved to the right.

IPO.png

Hello @NavaC,

Thank you for these screenshots. They will be invaluable in trying to get to the bottom of what is happening. This is definitely a strange issue and I want to get to the bottom of it. If possible, could you email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the campaign you are testing this in (or at least the name of one that we can use as a test), and a reference to this post and I will take a deeper dive and see if we can figure out what might be going on.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.