cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Images not appearing in newsletters

All Star

Images not appearing in newsletters

I am not able to see images in my newsletters today. I have tried both Safari and Google Chrome. Chrome just acts as if there were no images in the newsletter, while Safari shows empty boxes where the images should be with a question mark in the center. When I right click to open the file in a new window, the message says "Safari can't connect to the server "files.constantcontact.com"". Are you having a server issue today? (February 4, 2019)
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Images not appearing in newsletters

Hi @JillF812

I apologize your images are not showing correctly as they should! Are you having this experience in our editor or your a test in your email client? If you are seeing this in your test emails, what is the email client you are using? Are you using a Mac or a PC? Can you please provide a screenshot? After taking a look at your most recent campaign I was unable to have the same experience. 

While we have not received reports of our servers having issues, we have seen previous cases where images are displaying blank or with a question mark in Mac Mail/Apple Mail. In these cases we suggest whitelisting Constant Contact, with special attention to adding these three as they are connected to our image database:

s3.amazon.com
files.ctctcdn.com
files.constantcontact.com

Please let us know if whitelisting these URLs or IP addresses helps!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Had this issue today, with a twist: two test emails included 5 images, but when we did the actual send, 2 images were missing - no image, no box, no question mark, nada. The sent message proofs in the account don't show the two missing images, either. It's as if we never inserted them. 

Hi @JennyS60 

I apologize this is happening with your images! Do you have any security programs running on your computer? What email client are you viewing your emails through and browser you are working in? Also, what is the name of the campaign you're working in? After taking a look at your most recent campaigns I was unable to replicate this same experience. So having these details, along with any screenshot you may have, will allow us to troubleshoot further.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I have the same problem starting about when this first message was posted, in February. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and all the images in CC newsletters appear as a small box with a red X in it. I have made sure that "all images are displayed automatically" is checked in the Outlook setup menu. Something in your outgoing mail generating code must have changed then because all CC newsletters have this problem but not others.

I have disabled my AVG security for emails but that did not change anything. Please correct this!

Hi @DeanW93 

I apologize this is happening. Have you tried whitelisting Constant Contact? Because you are seeing this happen with all emails sent from our system, we suggest whitelisting if you have not already. Please let us know if making this change helps!

Frankie.P

Occasional Participant

Thanks for the suggestion to white list these CC sites. However I see no place to do this in my Outlook 2007 email program. For a test I took one of your emails that has a picture in it and saved the HTML source code as Mail.html. Then I opened the file in Firefox and it grabbed the picture successfully from your website. But that does not happen in email. All I see is a small box with a red X in it. Any ideas?

Hi @DeanW93 

An image not displaying properly is usually caused by settings in an email client or security program. I would suggest taking a look at our article related to this. This is where you can find information related to Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013.

Frankie.P

Occasional Participant

Yes, I have read your article and tried everything in there. This used to work until February so something has changed.

Hi @DeanW93 

Thank you for giving us this update! Internet Explorer has a security setting that, when enabled, prevents Outlook from displaying images. Have you tried following the steps in this article for this browser? This section is a little further down in the article under "Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 - Secure Images." You also mentioned this is an experience that has started recently. Is this happening with all emails received through our service or just your own? Have there been any updated to your Outlook, or the security program on your computer?

Frankie.P