Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Tags

SOLVED
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Import Tags

Hi @District58 

I understand you'd like to get to using tags. It looks like where you took that quote from, the steps have changed. I'm sorry about that. I will edit the original post so it has updated information and steps. If you would like to add multiple tags to a contact, you would put each separate tag in the same column separated by a comma. So say you'd like to tag "Mary" with the tags, Connecticut and Frequent Shopper. In your excel sheet, it should look like this:

1.PNG

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Occasional Participant

Melissa thanks for the updated instructions. I imported my mailing list updated with tags.

Tags added by geographical region, membership status, club roles & educational progress. This will help us reach our members more effectively including not filling up the inboxes of those where the message does not apply. More relevant messages means higher open rates.

Melissa, your tagline requests I mark your helpful message as an "acceptable solution". However I don't see this link anywhere. I do see a blue thumbs up. Has this icon replaced a text link?

Are Kudos and Votes related?

CtCt_CommunityKudos.png

Honored Contributor

Hi @District58 

Votes and Kudos are one in the same. In order to use the Feedback areas we changed them to say Votes. I will see if we can get the "Kudos" to change to "Votes" in our profile cards.

Thanks for the headsup!

Hi,

I am trying to divide a list of 8000 contacts into 3 groups, so I can send a survey to the first 2500 names; then depending on the response, send the same survey to the next 2500 names, and then the final 3000 names in three separate emails. In the Excel file, I have added a Tag column with either group1, group2, and group3 in every row of that column and then created the tags. However, when I start to use the imported list and limit by tag, each tag has 8000 names.

The easy solution is to create 3 separate files to import, but I was hoping to use tags instead. Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Kapil 

Tags (2)
Honored Contributor

Hi @BWP_conservation 

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like maybe in your file each contact itself has the group1, group2, group3, but without seeing the actual file I can't say for sure. I'm going to send you an email to your main email address on file asking for some more information so I can better assist you.

Thanks!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!