cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Import function messes up B2B

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Import function messes up B2B

When I import contacts, I specify "work" for email, address, etc. But when I review the import, Constant Contact categorizes email as "Other", Address as "Home", etc. That creates a horrible headache for me when I export the lists!!! I'm getting very frustrated at this process that is making my work more difficult. I'm actually thinking about switching providers.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Import function messes up B2B

Hello @IvanH. I apologize that you are having this frustration when viewing your contacts. We did make changes recently with contacts not being able to have more than one email address under their profile, which including the ability to categorize an email or street address as home, work or other. At this time, we do not have a way to have your contact's information be categorized as "work" during the import process. This would have to be done manually for contacts if you wanted the categories to display the same on your export. I understand that this is not ideal but I will submit feedback for you in regards to this.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.