cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing excel to new list - a few existing contacts didn't get into the new list

Importing excel to new list - a few existing contacts didn't get into the new list

We had a couple of small list and when I imported a new Excel (from our CRM DB) file to create a new list, we had a handful of contacts that were already in another list that were updated with some new fields, but were'nt included in the new list. Bug?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Importing excel to new list - a few existing contacts didn't get into the new list

Hello @JohnGaca. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Do you have some examples of contacts that were part of the file that were not added to the list? For your account security, could you please email us these contacts' email addresses, the Excel file and the list they were supposed to be added to to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we can look into this further. Thanks!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Re: Importing excel to new list - a few existing contacts didn't get into the new list

No. There is another list - Partners Philidedphia Sales Mission - that already has 4 contacts in it. Those contacts were duplicated in the Excel file but with some added custom fields. Rather than import to those 4 contacts to the new list, they were ONLY updated in the existing list mentioned above.

Hello @JohnGaca,

Thank you for the additional information. Did you already update those four contacts to the new list? If so it would be a little hard to troubleshoot, but we would still want to take a look. I still encourage you to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the spreadsheet mentioned in the original post, and a reference to this post and we can investigate further. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.