cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing to multiple mailing lists with one data file

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Importing to multiple mailing lists with one data file

I'm relatively new to CC, but have extensive experience importing, exporting, managing data on many different platforms.

I'm looking for a way to import contact lists with fields that match mailing list names so that I can apply these lists with one data import. In other words - I'd like to create a single data file that includes contacts that want to be on one, the other, or both of our newsletter mailing lists. 

All I have found is the ability to import with tags, then pull the lists back up based on either a field or a tag, but no way  apply them all to a mailing list. 

Thanks for any help! 

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Importing to multiple mailing lists with one data file

Hi @CommunityForklift

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question. At this time, there isn't a way to import your contacts and have the system separate them by contact lists. When you import, on the last step it allows you to select one or more lists. You could select just one of the lists or both of the lists if that's what that contact chose, but the system wouldn't recognize that by having a field there. It's a manual process currently.

This is excellent feedback though and we are always looking to add the features our customers want to the product. I'm happy to submit this up to our development team. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact! Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Look forward to this option. It is really helpful. By when will this option be implemented?

Hi @DolphusP

That's a great question. I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to upload multiple contact lists at once. I apologize; at this time we don't have a time estimate of when this feature will be available. However, in the meantime I have tracked your feedback and this feature request in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.