cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In signup form, how to allow users to multiple select answers when answering custom questions.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In signup form, how to allow users to multiple select answers when answering custom questions.

I know how to add the custom fields to a form, but our custom fields must be answered with already in use key terms. How do I go about making sure that people use those key terms? Right now I have two solutions that I'm not in favor of either. 

Solution 1: segment those lists into smaller lists based on the key term. Not in favor, because I'll end up with 30+ lists. 

Solution 2: integrate with a different form tool (google sheets), where people will be able to answer questions properly, but when the form is sent to CC, have those multiple select fields be referred to as something like fax or home address (some fields that we don't use). This is a confusing method, which will mean the answers don't live in the proper field. 

Has anyone else found another solution that actually works? Be it integration or something internal?

Any and all advice is very welcomed.  

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: In signup form, how to allow users to multiple select answers when answering custom questions.

Hello @PaulT0403. Thanks for coming into the Community! You bring up some great points in regards to having a more customized sign-up form based on your needs. Although Constant Contact sign up forms do not have dropdown menus or multiple select options, it might be worth visiting our Marketplace where we advertise many different integrations with providers of sign-up forms. These forms might have more flexibility and more of the features you are looking for. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

Re: In signup form, how to allow users to multiple select answers when answering custom questions.

Hi Caitlin, Thanks for the feedback. I've looked through the marketplace but couldn't settle on anything. Do you know for a fact that a multiple select answer choice is possible? Could you recommend some integrations to test?

Hi @PaulT0403

I apologize there is not one integration we can suggest over another. However this Marketplace is a great place to start. In fact we hope some of our other Community members can jump in this conversation to share what they may be using themselves.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.