Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More control over background image

The background pattern automatically tiling, and not providing an option to use an image of your choice to span the width of the email/newsletter is frustrating. A tiled photo in a newsletter that you want to look professional is unattractive and looks outdated. A solution to this would be helpful.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, the good news is in our updated editor does allow users to have control over the tiling of their background image. If any users are now experiencing the images appearing incorrectly please share with us  the image URL from your library, a screenshot of what you are seeing, and the email client being used so we may troubleshoot further.

33 Comments
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting this idea! 

SenateDems
Rookie
It's Earth Day, and I would LOVE to put in a nice background image of local landscapes/forests but it's really hard to do when the background tiles by default. Hell, Windows 98 used to let you customize how (or if) the background tiled. Like somebody said on the community boards, it would be great to have an option to use a really large file as one big background or at least have the option to have one row at the bottom that faded up into a white/plain background. More choices are good - y'all can and should make this happen.
MattL842
Marketing Legend
It would be nice to be able to add a background image that does not repeat tile.
EPWI
Rookie

Has there been a fix to this issue of tiled background images?  I need one solid background image that I created, not it tiled.  I need it now not a year from now!

MollyI
Campaign Contributor

Does anyone know if there was progress on this suggestion? I also agree that this would be extremely helpful. I reached out to support and they provided me with dimensions to "fix" the tile and it was still unsuccessful in eliminating the tile. 

MariaN754
Rookie

I think it's been a few years now that Constant Contact has not had a solution for the tiled background image when a user uploads their own background image. I've never bothered to send feedback on this issue, but after 3 years, it's really starting to irritate me. The hours I've spent over the years searching the internet for images that won't look tiled is ridiculous. 

DeborahR8
Campaign Contributor

Same here!

NancyBelle
Rookie
Bring back missing features such as customizable borders, dividers and coupons, (not the premade coupons or the premade dividers). Allow us to import our own backgrounds for more customizable email designs.
ErikaB7
Marketing Legend
This request is constantly ignored but you need to fix the tiling background issue. Just wanted to be the 1,000,000 person to demand you guys fix the background issue.
I get that you can't fix the tiling problem but you also don't care enough to find a solution. There NEEDS to be more seamless repeating backgrounds if uploaded pictures have to tile. You need 50 - 100 of them to make up for this issue and to cover every possible business that uses this service. That also needs to cover holidays and different aesthetics. It's just wild that you respond to requests for this from 2017 with promises to fix it but nothing ever happens. 

PaulC66
Campaign Contributor

I send out monthly newsletters with each one having its own theme. It would be nice to be able to customize a background instead of the same 5 options (stars, water, rocks, grass, tiles... which I have never used because it has nothing to do with my business or themes) I think plain colors can be a bit boring especially when you can't change the texture/backgrounds of the articles, headers, footers or anything. 

Sometimes they'll have fun backgrounds or cute footers in the example campaigns, but I wish it was customizable. 

I want to be able to upload my own background image without it repeating in a tile format. I feel like this is a pretty easy issue, so if it's possible please let me know!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More