cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a table

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Inserting a table

How do I insert a table into a block? The posts I found were archived and didn't match the format that I have. 

Help!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Inserting a table

Hello @DYCM. Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community! I see that you are using our third-generation editor to create your emails. At this time, this editor does not have the ability to create and insert tables. This is because all of the templates for this particular editor are mobile responsive and inserting tables can actually break the responsiveness. We have heard requests for this feature from customers like yourself and our engineers are researching ways to insert tables without having our customers worry about their email not displaying correctly on a mobile device. A workaround would be to insert a screenshot of the table that you wished to insert. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Tags (4)

Have there been any updates on adding this feature?  Screenshots are a workaround, but not a solution.  Thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hi @JamesA934,

Thanks so much for inquiring about the table functionality in our newest editor. We understand how it might be easier for you to utilize a table rather than insert screenshots. At this time we are still collecting feedback for our programmers about adding this feature and I'm happy to add yours!

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Established Member

I'm not sure if this will help you but I achieved this: 
table.PNG

I did this by dragging and dropping the block that includes pictures, text and background (the one circled in red): 

table button.PNG

I then just removed the pictures, added my text and added a different background colour. I duplicated each row of text to build the "table". Unfortunately, I don't think you can add more columns with this method. 

Good luck!

Hi @AmandaS8492

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email. I'm happy to hear you were able to replicate a table with our two-column layout blocks! Being able to create a table in your email is a feature request I would be happy to submit in your account. In the mean time, using your method through layout blocks you would be able to create up to a three-column layout. 

2018-01-12_16-12-16.png

Frankie P.

Occasional Participant

How did that look in Mobile preview? 

Established Member

image1 (1).png

Occasional Participant

Wow, that looks great. Unfortunately, I'm trying to list a table and keep the columns in line.

To be exact, I am trying to list a sermon schedule with data, speaker, and title. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @CalvaryVision,

Thank you for your response!

The only alternative that I can think of (it is a bit of a workaround) is to create this in another program and take a screenshot to insert the data as an image. This way it will keep all of your information aligned and as a benefit, it will automatically resize to fit mobile devices keeping the same layout.

I hope that this helps!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!