cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with Propay isn't working

Occasional Contributor

Interface with Propay isn't working

When someone signs up for an event and it captures on Propay, it used to show the name of the event in Comment section. This week, it disappeared! HELP

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Interface with Propay isn't working

Hi @TrishS39

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered with ProPay. I'm happy to take a look at the account, can you please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the event you are encountering this with, a reference to this post and any other information you have and I will gladly see what we can do.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Re: Interface with Propay isn't working.

I am having the same issue. 

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: Interface with Propay isn't working.

Hello @LPGAAmateurGolf-Columbus,

We have spoken with our API engineers to see if there is anything we can do regarding the customer comment showing a transaction key on ProPay's side, however they have informed us that unfortunately we do not have any control over what information they show.  When transactions are processed, we send information to ProPay on the customer and how much they owe, however we do not actually process any payments, so we have control over what information ProPay puts into those fields. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Re: Re: Interface with Propay isn't working.

Hi All,

have this same issue and spent chat time with ProPay walking them through this issue and some of my specific transactions from 2017 (good) and 2018 (wrong data)

ProPay will be reaching out to ConstantContact to review the API specs. Someone on the ConstantContact side seems to have inserted some additional fields into the API format so ConstantContact is pulling different data into Comment1 and Comment2 than in the past. Basically think of a row of data in excel, you think the event name is in column G, but someone inserted new columns to the left so column G is now column K, or L or M.

So the data used in ProPay column1 and column2 has shifted, and Propay just pulls whatever is in the original columns. Hopefully they can reach their ConstantContact contact to get figured out.

This is BEFORE April 2018

ProPaybeforeApril2018.jpg

This is AFTER April 2018 and event name missing and so is Comment2 detail. replaced by different (and not very meaningful) data.

ProPayafterpril2018.jpg

Here is relevant part of the chat log. Hope they figure it out soon!

My Chat with ProPay

You[‎12‎:‎45‎ ‎PM] Up until April 2018, comment 1 showed ConstantContact event name, and Comment2 field showed the registrant name, email and phone number

You[‎12‎:‎47‎ ‎PM] After April, Comment1 now shows wording like VISA or BILLS or etc. and Comment2 shows "Hosted Transaction ID" like Hosted Transaction ID: 8ec504a4-7f5a-46e2-a136-0e43401deadc

Sydney[‎12‎:‎49‎ ‎PM] Yes we can see that from our end. I got with our account management team and it 's nothing on our end since the information is brought over from constant contacts. they are going to reach out to our contact that we have with them and have them take a look into this further.

Hope that helps provide some insights!