cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Constant Contact working on bringing back thumbnails?

Occasional Contributor

Is Constant Contact working on bringing back thumbnails?

MANY people have been complaining for a LONG TIME about the loss of thumbnails on the main campaign list. This goes back to last December, and significantly increased in May. My guess is that this is when you forced the new interface on most of us. That's SIX MONTHS!

Constant Contact has provided NO RESPONSE!! How can you claim to value customer feedback if you NEVER tell the customer what you're doing with that feedback? Why not tell us what you're working on?? If you're not going to do this, tell us. Leaving your customers hanging for months and months is not a good way to behave.

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Is Constant Contact working on bringing back thumbnails?

Hi @DougS873

Firstly I want to say thank you for your honest feedback. To be honest with you I, personally, don't have any information at the moment about the issue you raise in regards to thumbnails for campaigns and any possible work happening around that request.  I can tell you the current workaround we have is to view the Campaign Details or Preview the campaign and that we are tracking requests from customers who want this back in their account; however, I am sure that you have heard this already.

I want to let you know that I am reaching out to our product teams in an effort to get you an answer.  I will keep you updated as I hear information. You also bring up a question that we (the Community team specifically) have asked ourselves - how do we best keep our customers informed about what is happening at Constant Contact, especially in regards to the product. I will bring this up with our teams to see what and how we can do better in this area, too. 

Occasional Contributor

With all due respect, this response is a demonstration of what I'm complaining about. First of all, the "current workaround" is the problem: the fact that it takes four clicks to accomplish what could be done at a glance in the previous system.

Secondly, all you can tell me is that you are going to TRY to get an answer from "our product teams." MAYBE you will hear from them and get back to me... someday... maybe...  When you say you're reaching out to the product teams, what does that mean? Is there someone whose office you visit? someone you call on the phone? Do you send an email? Do you ever get ANY answer?

How is it that YOUR team has been looking at complaints (tracking requests) about this since December, and you STILL have no answer to the question?

Apparently, you can ask the product team a question, but they are not required to respond. We, the feedback-providing customers, are being ignored! These are your BEST customers, and you are ignoring them.

Have you personally read the feedback on this issue? The reason I ask is that we are not talking about run-of-the-mill suggestions. We are talking about people whose work flow was DISRUPTED when this change was introduced. They are ANGRY, and they have been griping about it for months and months, and the company HAS NOT RESPONDED AT ALL!! Even a no answer is better than no answer.

Constant Contact may COLLECT feedback, but they do NOT value it.

Here's a suggestion about how you can do better in this area: Every quarter or so, people who work on the product team should spend a day (or a half-day) dealing directly with customers in tech support or in these Community Forums. Maybe then they would be reminded where their salaries come from. Maybe then they would realize that the company exists to serve its customers, not to entertain its engineers.

CTCT Employee

Thank you so much for the feedback.  I must assure you that your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears.  Over the past several months we were focused on moving customers over to the new interface with the goal of a seamless transition.  We are actively reviewing the feedback and planning improvements based on customer feedback.  Providing easier methods for customers to find their campaigns is our highest priority.  We are now working on adding pagination controls to the campaign list to address the highest priority.  We are also reviewing designs that will include campaign thumbnails on the campaign list that will meet the customer needs but not affect the page performance.  

Thank you,
-Paul
Paul Spitzer
Product Manager
Occasional Contributor

Mr. Spitzer,

At best, your response answers only one of several specific questions in my post. And really all you say is we're looking into it. Well you've been looking into it for a LONG time. If I can find another company, I will change, because Constant Contact has become NON-responsive. And if you're goal was a seamless transition to the new interface, you most certainly FAILED.