cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to resend a campaign but only to those users who didn't open the original email?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Is it possible to resend a campaign but only to those users who didn't open the original email?

We have set up campaigns with follow up emails as part of the campaign

Is it possible that the follow up email can be sent to only those users who didn't open (or did open but didn't click) the original email??

I look forward to your help

Ian

10 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it possible to resend a campaign but only to those users who didn't open the original email?

UPDATED: September 2018

Please click here to learn more about our new Resend to Non-Openers feature in 3GE.

-----

Hello Ian, 

Thank you for posting in your Constant Contact Community!  It is possible to create a list of people who did not open, or people who did open, but did not click.  

Creating a list of Non-Opens: 

1. Go to Reporting tab >  Scroll down to the email you want to review and click on the number of sent contacts
  2. Click Export.
  3. Click "Contacts Activity" in the confirmation message at the top of your screen to get to your report.
  4. Click Download, and then save the file on your computer (i.e. opens.csv)

Creating a list of opened, but did not click you will go through the same steps, but you want to make a list of your Opens, and Export out your clicks in to remove from the Opens list.  

For a full list of the steps, please see this FAQ.  

Hope this helps!

All Star

Re: Is it possible to resend a campaign but only to those users who didn't open the original email?

So if I have a list of 400 emails with a 50% open rate, I have to manually go through the list and manually click to remove them? I have to make 200 manual clicks?

Hi,

As Sam mentioned above there is a way to export the lists and use Constant Contact to subtract the opens from the list you originally sent to. This would not involve removing each contact one at a time but instead exporting two files and setting them up to subtract. There are several steps involved but they are very simple to follow! We would suggest making a copy of the original list you sent to so that you leave the original intact.

Once the copy is made here are some steps to follow to export the list of those people who opened:

1. Click the Email tab > Reports.
  2. Click the hyperlinked number under "Opens" to display the Opened Contact Email screen.
  3. Click Export.
  4. Check any contact information details you'd like to export. The only required piece is email address.
  5. At the bottom of the page, click Export as CSV.
  6. Click the "Activity" link on the page that displays.
  7. Click the "Export Opens" link in the Activity column.
  8. Click Download Export File.
  9. Save this file as "opens.csv" in the file location of your choice.

Now, we will just import the file of contacts who opened, and remove it from the list you originally sent to. (This is where you use the copy!)

1. Contacts > Manage Contacts.
  2. Under the "Move contacts to" area, click "Remove List".
  3. Select the "Unopened" list and browse to the "opens.csv" file.
  4. Click Remove.

Your "Unopened" (Copy of original) list now contains contacts who did not open your email. Let me know if you have any questions about this process! 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

This is the ONLY solution you should look at.  The rest isn't worth your time.  Worked easily.  www.coachrichmand.com 

Occasional Participant

This is simply not acceptable. This needs to be a simply one click button on constant contact that sets up an e-mail to send to those that did not open. No one wants to create a new contact list and the list that we email to is a onetime list. It doesn't need to be a permanent list. 

The above answers are horrible and should be deleted as they are not actual fixes but work around to a broken product called constant contact. Constant Contact needs to get there priorities together and stay on top of best practices or they will be losing customers in mass. 

CTCT Employee

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the frustration with this. We have taken these requests and are actually rolling out these changes before the end of the year, so you will be able to send to customers who did not open emails during the first send, just just about 3 click.

Stay tuned for these updates, but for now the above instructions are indeed the way to send to those customers. 

Thank you for your feedback, 

Bria
Social Support and Community
Occasional Participant

>We have taken these requests and are actually rolling out these changes before the end of the year, so you will be able to send to customers who did not open emails during the first send, just just about 3 click.

Is this implemented yet? We really need this feature!!

CTCT Employee

Anna Navarro
Social Support and Community
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

It would be nice if this was a more automated function.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!