cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save an entire email as a jpeg or other image format?

SOLVED
Highlighted

Hello.  I currently use Constant Contact to provide an email design service for other businesses.  I would like to feature screenshots or examples of client emails that I have created.

Is there any way to save/format an email for this?

Many thanks.
7 REPLIES

Can these newsletters be converted to pdf prior to printing them?

I think print quality is some what poor. Would it not be better to have the option of converting these to nice looking mailable newsletter? 
Contributing Developer

Perhaps you should consider something that would allow you to output to both PDF for printing and then HTML to cut into CC for your newsletters. The first issue I can think of is how to address your image references. What do you mean the print quality is somewhat poor? What are you trying to print?

Contributing Developer

If you can't create first and go to pdf and html, here is another thought. Preview the newsletter in CC and select Print Version. Then use a program called "Screen Hunter" (google it) to capture the Newsletter to a JPG file. Bring that into word and then save as a PDF. The document gets a little fuzzy but over all is very acceptable to most.

Occasional Participant

Yes it is. You want to create the image and upload it on to either constant contact or to your own website, and then use the advanced editor to link to that image. I prefer png to jpg.

Esteemed Contributor

I think he's asking a different question than the one you answered DeQtiest. In order to capture the imagine you would have to be able to have it fit on a screen and then do a screen capture. In my experience its a challenge because the newsletters are usually larger than even my largest screen at a high resolution. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Valued Contributor

I use Snagit 9.0 for screen captures. A very nice feature is that it allows you to set the screen size for the capture to anything you want. So if you screen size is 1024x768 and your looking at something that is1024x8000, you set Snagit to capture 1024x8000 and somehow it fools the screen and you get a capture as if you were viewing it on a 1024x8000 screen. It is really cool.

Re: Is it possible to save an entire email as a jpeg or other image format?

Hi there!  Great question, we do have a few options if you want to save your entire email campaign as an image or a PDF.  You can easily download your sent or scheduled Email campaigns with just a few steps!  You can save the campaign as a PDF, JPG, or PNG file

1. From the Campaigns tab, click either Sent or Scheduled to narrow your search

2.  To the right of your email's name, click Actions > Download.
    3.  On the left hand side of the new screen select the file type you want to download.  (Optional) you can also customize the size and scale of your file.
    1.  Click Download in the top right
    2.  Depending on your browser, click OK or Save to save the file.

Note: It's a violation of our terms to host a PDF version of your newsletter on your website. You can instead copy the URL for your Email campaign and share the link on your website.

Thank you,
Jena Squires
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!