cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to embed a Google Calendar?

SOLVED

I can link the the calendar using its url.  Is there a more elegant way.
17 REPLIES 17
Occasional Participant

Does anyone know the nuts and bolts of how to insert a Google calendar in my email newslettter?

I'm wanting to integrate a Google calendar of events as a regular feature in my monthly newsletter. I use one of our templates modified...anyone know what to do?

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know the nuts and bolts of how to insert a Google calendar in my email newslettter?

Sorry, can't be done. Nothing can be embedded in email except pictures. This is not a Constant Contact limitation. What you could do, is make a screen capture of the calendar, put that picture in your email, and link the picture to the Google calendar.

Regular Visitor

Calendar reminder

Does anyone know how to add a calendar reminder to an e-mail newsletter.  ie - "remind me to respond at a later date"
Honored Contributor

Calendar reminder

Do you mean one that when clicked on will actually make an entry into a contacts calendar?

Regular Visitor

Calendar reminder

Yes - I'm doing a fund raising e-mail and want to give the option to remind them to donate at a later date - it would go into their calendar.

Honored Contributor

Calendar reminder

Excellent question. At this time there is no standard for calendar links. The one that CTCT uses for their event marketing is iCalendar (.ICS) which is the closest to an Internet standard as there is and as far as I know only works with Outlook. What is possible is for you to create the event in Google , Yahoo, etc and then use the URL for the events from those calendars and import those links into your newsletter. You would end up with multiple links though but they would cover Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo etc..... Tony Clique Marketing & Consulting 2009 Constant Contact All Star

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Deborah, How about creating a small graphic of the calendar and a link going to your actual public calendar? Use the IFrame option of the Google calendar and embed the calendar directly on your website. This way you drive traffic to you site in addition to having them see your calendar. Regards, Tony
All Star

I'd rather drive people to other parts of my site, such as more details about something I write about in the email. For years, I've been copying/pasting my calendar from our website (www.lchs912.org) into Constant Contact, and I'm sick of how much time it takes. I wish I could embed the list version of the calendar we have on our website into the email, just as I was able to embed it into Wordpress.

Occasional Visitor

Re: Is there a way to embed a Google Calendar?

Hello,

Did you finally found a solution to embed the Google Calendar? I have been trying to do the same thing without success :S