cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to embed a Google Calendar?

SOLVED
All Star

Re: Is there a way to embed a Google Calendar?

I am trying to do the same thing.  Has anyone found a way to embed a google calendar yet?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

You would need to take a screenshot of the calendar and save it as a jpeg, gif or png in order to use it in your email.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

The functionality of embedding an active Google calendar in an HTML email doesn't exist.  Its not a limitation of CTCT at all. You can embed a calendar using the iFrame HTML option which is not supported in any email clients.

There ia a few work around but it require a little technical skill., once its set up you will be able to reuse it in all your email

Caveat: the standard size of the CTCT templates are 600 pixels.  This is usually too narrow to support a clean look and show your calendar entries.  Here is an example of a dummy calendar at 600 pixels wide. You can see your entries will be compromised.   If you extend your template to a larger width it won't render correctly in the CTCT editor.

ScreenHunter_05 Aug. 24 08.51.gif

1. Make a separate calendar ensuring the entries are small and mostly readable at 600 wide.

2. Use the Google iFrame option to post it on a website page at the normal 800 x 600 size that Google exports.

3. Take a Screen Capture of the website hosted calendar and scale it to 600 wide

4. Upload that graphic to your CTCT account and insert it in your email.

5. Create a link of that graphic to your web based calendar. If the user can read the entries great, if he/she decides to click on it they will be taken to a full fledged calendar on your site.

By the time the reader realizes he is being taken to an external site to read the calendar its done.

This doesn't work well on smart phones as you might guess.

Solution Provider

I have great faith in Constant Contact and their vision to bring new products to we users.

Unfortunately for me, their vision is not as clear on this one as mine (and many others) — we need a calendar resource in emails. This would be a wonderful addition to many of my emails and my clients. 

Now, should I have missed any updates to this subject — please, let me know so I can make use of the feature.

Thank you,

CL

Occasional Visitor

I am with you 100%.  I have been using the site for over 2 years on one account and just started using it on another account.  Both need to have calendars embedded in them  Constant Contact, please work on this and add this feature soon!

CTCT Employee

Carolyn,

I have added you to the request for this to be reviewed for a future release. In the meantime this FAQ is the best option available for what your looking for.

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Visitor

We would be interested in the ability to embed the agenda view of our Google calendar into our email. Has there been any progress made on this feature? Would there be a way to do it with XML?

CTCT Employee

Updated December 2017

Hi TLCT,

At this time, embedding the Google Calendar using the code is still not possible as embedding a Google calendar requires Javascript and other code that are not compatible with emails, which makes it a 3rd party limitation across all emails.

If you are using our 3GE editor, take a screenshot of your calendar and insert it as an image.  If you are not sure how to create a screenshot here is a great guide on how to do so:

Make Screenshot Images Out of Other Documents

For 2GE users the option would be to create the calendar in your email using a table or to create a screenshot image and make it a link. Here's a good FAQ from Google on how you can do that: Share Calendar Item Link

When using the table option keep in mind that a table doesn't always render well on all mobile devices. Since an email template is 600 pixels wide, we recommend choosing a template with a single column layout. If you need to add a larger calendar, you can link to a document or host it online and link to a website to save room.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Anna Navarro
Social Support and Community
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!