cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide email addresses in the reports?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to hide email addresses in the reports?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to hide certain emails from the reports section? What I mean by that is can I still send an email out (lets say to myself) and be able to click on links, as well as open it, anything that we hope our subscribers will do, without my email address being added into the reporting data? So like if i send a newsletter out to 75 people, me being one of the 75, and all 75 of us open it, is there a way that i can mask my name so that the reports would just show that the newsletter was sent to 74 people who all opened it? 

I'm sorry, i hope that makes sense. Having trouble trying to explain my question. Hopefully it did and someone is able to help me, but if im not being clear, let me know and i will try to rephrase.

And then since i'm here and just randomly thought of this, is there a way to change font sizes within an email, other than the font sizes that are available? Sometimes I want to place a big header and the largest font size is too big and the next step down from that is too small. Im wanting something in between and didn't know if there was a way to do this. 

Any information would be helpful!

Thank you,

Savannah Brown

9ºNorth Digital Marketing

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Is there a way to hide email addresses in the reports?

Hello @9dNorthDigMarketing,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You have some great questions, so let's just dive right in!

If you'd like to keep your own information from showing up in the reporting data, the easiest way to do this is to remove your contact info from the list that you're sending to. You can always send a test version of the email to yourself, and have access to the email campaign through us. 

If you're wanting to know how to remove your information from an already-sent campaign's reporting, while you won't be able to affect the stats for the open, click, and other rates, you can always delete your info from the exported CSV file of the email's report.

As far as getting font sizes into a campaign that aren't available in our system, you could potentially copy the text from a word-processing app (Word, Pages, Google Docs, etc.) and paste it into your campaign to emulate that font size. This is particularly good if you need a size that's not as big as 48, but bigger than 32 for example. Be aware that any other formatting in that text could be copied over (alignment, font type, line spacing, etc.) as well and potentially cause issues with formatting other words within the text body.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread or create a new one, and we'd be happy to help.

Have a lovely day!

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is there a way to hide email addresses in the reports?

Thank you! That was all really helpful and will be useful for future campaigns that we send out. 😊

Savannah Brown

9ºNorth Digital Marketing