Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue sending invite to certain contacts

Issue sending invite to certain contacts

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can please help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with not being able to send an event invitation to certain contacts. I created an event and scheduled an invitation email to go to a contact list containing 96 recipients. The email was successfully sent to 79 of those contacts, but for some unexplained reason did not go to the remaining intended recipients. So, I then created a separate email list for those missed contacts and scheduled a new invitation email; the status initially shows up as "Scheduled," but instead of sending, it keeps reverting back to "Draft" and giving me the following error message:

The selected List(s) contain no contacts. Please
select a List with more than 0 contacts.

However, when I check the contacts list it shows that it includes 16 contacts as intended. I've deleted and re-created this list multiple times; I've tried adding the contacts to the list manually and I've tried uploading an Excel file. In either case it appears to work fine, but each time I try to send an invitation email to this group, I keep getting the same error message shown above.

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? Please help!!

CTCT Employee

Re: Issue sending invite to certain contacts

Hi @MHD1!

Thanks for contacting the Constant Contact Community!  I would love to help you with this issue.

I took a look at your account and do see that you were able to successfully send the L-SIP invitation to that list of 17 contacts.  I assume you discovered that those particular contacts did not have permission to send set in their contact records.  That is usually what causes that issue when trying to send to contacts collected through a previous event registration.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!