cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

It says that there are issues with my social accounts

It says that there are issues with my social accounts

I think I opened two accounts. Can you delete one? Thanks

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Marketing Advisor

Re: It says that there are issues with my social accounts

Dear BarbaraD282,

I checked and only see one account under that email address.  If you are having trouble with your social accounts then that would be unrelated to your Constant Contact account(s).  If you are getting an error does it say “click here to fix” for something similar to that?  If, so can you click that and see if that resolves the issue? If that does not fix it can you reply to this post with a screen shot of the error and where/when you see it?  

Regular Visitor

How do I connect my organization's constant contact account with my organization's facebook page? It automatically linked to my personal page, and I'm all sorts of not ok with that.
CTCT Employee

Hello @KristiJune

Thank you for reaching out! I have listed out some instructions below on how to connect your social media page to social share. Before following these instructions you need to make sure that your business page is connected to a personal personal page that is set as the administrator. This is because only Facebook Admins are allowed to connect the Facebook business page to a Constant Contact account. To read more about Facebook permissions click here. I hope this is helpful to you and please let us know if you have any further questions.

If you're not an admin follow these instructions in Facebook first:

1. Click Settings at the top of your Page.
  2. Click Page Roles in the left column.
  3. Type a name or email in the box:
    If the person is your Facebook friend, begin typing their name and select them from the list that appears.
    If the person isn't your Facebook friend, type the email address associated with their Facebook account.
  4. Click Editor to select a role from the dropdown menu.
  5. Click Save and enter your password to confirm.

2016-08-10_18-14-33.png

Add Your Social Media Platforms

1. After you have Sent your email or made your Event live, in the Social Sharing area click the Schedule Posts button.

Schedule Posts Button

2. Click the "Options" link.

Options to show Channels
  3. Now click on the icon for the social media platform you want to add.

select social media
  • Sign into your account for Facebook, then check the box for the page you want to add.
  • Sign into your account for LinkedIn, and click Allow Access to connect your account.
  • Sign into your account for Twitter, then click Authorize App to connect your account. 

The added page(s) will now appear in the Scheduled Social Posts section.

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

How do you change the account to a different person when there is already one linked. I folowed the above instructions and conneced to a different account, but it still says there is an error with the previous account.

Hello @CodyF46,

Great question. There is an option to "Manage Channels" when viewing your connected social accounts. You can find it here:

SocialShare_ManageChannels.png

After clicking, it will give you the ability to remove one or more of any social media pages you have connected. This article will provide you with the steps on how to do so.

If for some reason when you try to connect a new Facebook account/page after disconnecting and it still shows the previous account you might have to login to the old social media account and remove the "Simple Share by Constant Contact" app from the App settings in the Facebook account. This way the connection between your Constant Contact account and the old Facebook account is completely severed. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.