cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Newsletter

Occasional Contributor

Legacy Newsletter

I'm wondering whether I missed something or whether there's been a change.  Did all the newsletters/emails used to be titled "Legacy Newsletter" on the campaign page?  Or is that something new.  It's annoying.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
CTCT Employee

Re: Legacy Newsletter

Hi @SallyC4

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today. 

Thank you for the feedback on the type of campaign change. The Legacy Newsletter title has been newly implemented. It will differentiate between emails created in the Third Generation Editor and the previous editor. If you have further questions you may feel free to reach out here. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a good weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

The response was adequate but did not really answer my question.  However, it did give me additional information that may come in handy in the future.

CTCT Employee

Hi @SallyC4

I'm sorry it didn't answer your question. Maybe I misunderstood, the name Legacy Newsletter as the type shouldn't impact the actual name you titled your email. It's purely indicates that the email was created in the 2nd generation editor. Previously, this would have just said Newsletter Email. We provided this as a way for our customers to easily differentiate between our email editors. Our newer, 3rd generation editor has the drag and drop functionality, along with a ton of other neat features that our customers have been asking for! If you or anyone else reading this isn't sure if you have the 3rd generation editor or not, just comment below and we'll make sure you have access to it. Along with the "Legacy" label we've released a few other things in our product, and you can read more about them here. I hope this provides you more information. If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

I have been wondering the same. When website software is termed 'legacy' it will eventually (typically within a year) be 'retired'. After it is retired, there is no longer support for that version. Will the 'legacy newsletter' version be retired at some future date?
Thanks.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @SharonR53,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

We do not have date or any confirmation that the legacy editing experience will be retired at this time. When this decision is made all customers using this editor will be notified via email so be sure to update your User Email under My Account.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Is there a way to convert Legacy emails to the new editor without entirely recreating it? I want to re-use and would prefer to have all in the 3rd generation.

Thanks

CTCT Employee

Hi @mherzogsouthworthproducts.m,

At this time we do not have the ability to convert the Legacy email campaigns to our new third-generation editor. They would have to be recreated. I can understand this could be time consuming. We do offer a campaign design service where they could redesign it for you, but it does come with an additional fee. Click here (https://www.constantcontact.com/services?ic=comm_reply) to submit an order if you're interested. In the meantime I'll submit feedback to our developers that you'd like to see a way to seamlessly transfer a campaign from one editor to another. Thank you!

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

I agree that it would be very helpful to be able to update a legacy newsletter email into the updated newsletter versions!

Hi @Shawn_Rommevaux

I can completely understand how helpful it would be to change emails from a Legacy Newsletter into an updated Newsletter template. I apologize this is not a feature we currently have, but is feedback I have submitted in your account. However, as our previous rep mentioned  we do offer a campaign design service where they could recreate your template for you. This service does come at a charge, here is the link with the details for our Campaign Design service. In the meantime, here is an article we have to help with Moving from the Second-Generation Editor to the Third-Generation Editor.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!