cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Newsletter

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Legacy Newsletter

I've been copying the sections from my old newsletters - into a word doc - then into the new newsletter. I still have to reformat some of it but it helps make it faster.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Jocelyn28,

I am happy to see that your account has been converted to the Third Generation Editor. Due to the difference in coding and formatting options, some things will still need to be changed in the editor. If you run into any issues please let us know and we will be glad to help!

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

Hi - we have two accounts and one is still using the legacy templates.  How do I upgrade to the new 3rd generation editor in this account?  (Although I miss some of the old features I tested both and I do see that the new templates resize better on my android).

Hi Adrienne_B, 

How do I convert to the 3rd Gen editor?

CTCT Employee

Hi @DieterM,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. To convert to the third-generation editor we would have to switch it in your account. If you would like, I can update your account to the new editor at no extra cost. Also, if you want, you could reply back to us by email at: socialsupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

This is great information. How do I know if I have 3rd generation or not? I have 2 accounts that I want to check. Also, if we go to or have 3rd generation, how does that effect our usage (copying and updating) of Legacy campaigns?

Tags (2)

Hi @MargaretN

That's a great question! Every account has access to our Third Generation Editor (3GE) by clicking the Create button found on the Home or Campaigns tab of your account.

create button.png

You can also check which editor your campaigns are when you are on your Campaigns tab. Campaigns that are listed as Legacy Newsletter Email are in Second Generation Editor (2GE) while templates listed Newsletter Email are in 3GE. template type.png

Using 3GE does not effect your already existing Legacy templates. Any new emails created in 3GE will remain in 3GE. While any old emails created in 2GE, if copied, will remain in 2GE.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.