cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
You deserve the best.
Beginning Saturday 2/15 we will be upgrading our phone system to ensure we are providing you with the best possible experience.
Due to this upgrade, we will be limited to Chat support only on Saturday from 10-8 pm ET.
On Monday, President's Day, we plan to have both Chat and Phone support available from 10-6 pm ET on the new system.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Line Indent??

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Line Indent??

To everyone on this thread who needs this function, please VOTE on the initial post to get them to add this feature!  (Only 2 people voted but there are 20 replies on this post)

Also, there is another workaround you can use until the ability to indent is added:

That is, to create your text that you want to indent in its own text block, then add a spacer image to the left of that text block.

It's certainly not ideal for a few reasons, but the main one being that the spacer image will not allow you to minimize it as much as you would like, so it's a very deep indent, but it does the job in the interim.

CC-spacer image.png

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Re: Line Indent??

Hello @Marisa_M,

Thank you for sharing that workaround! I'm glad to hear that you've found a solution that works for you however I do want to mention that if you do this, those blocks will stack on a mobile device so your readers will see a large gap in between those bullet points when reading your emails on their phone.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about that! 

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Re: Line Indent??

OK then. So that is not a good workaround... in that case Constant Contact really needs to prioritize adding a line indent function!

Tags (2)
All Star

When are we going to get this? Sooooo important!

What else can we do to get this function?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Visitor

I use a great workaround.  Just add text before the lines you would like to indent and make the text the background color.  Our emails are in Georgia 14.  I use "<ind>" to give a nice indentation. The "<ind>" is only visible if someone copies/pastes the entire text, but then it looks like they are copying code instead of seeing "......" or "blahblah" or something unseemly.   

Tags (2)