cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line breaks on phone vs desktop

Occasional Contributor

Line breaks on phone vs desktop

Line breaks are displayed one way on the desktop version and look quite ugly when translated to phone display. We design in desktop mode and often use line breaks for design purposes. But when you view the same campaign on a phone, the line breaks aren't read the same way, often putting single words on one line all by itself. There definitely needs to be a separate way to handle the mobile version.
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Line breaks on phone vs desktop

Hi @MattL842,

We're sorry the mobile display of your email campaign isn't displaying line breaks the same way as it does within the desktop display, and we're here to help! Keep in mind that mobile-responsive templates use technology to adapt and format your email’s layout, based on the size of the screen it’s being displayed on. This means that the spacing (including added line breaks) can display differently. In addition, different email clients and devices have different ways of displaying email content too. A best practice is to design your email to look great on both desktop and mobile! Please click here for a helpful reference. And don't forget you'll always want to preview and send yourself a test of your email before sending it to your contacts.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

In other words, you're here to help by saying that's the way it works so design differently. Big help!

Highlighted

Hi @Andy2019 

I apologize at this time there is not a way to control the mobile display of your email campaign. We are however always open to ways we can better our user's experience. We have also submitted this ability as a feature request to our Product Team on your behalf. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.