Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line spacing

SOLVED
Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback on this feature. You now have the ability to control line spacing in the Third Generation Editor! When working in a text block you can change the spacing between your lines of text. Your choices of spacing are single, 1.2, 1.5, or double line spacing.

2018-12-10_15-48-44.png

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist within your account.

Visitor

Re: Line spacing

Just starting our 60-day trial on CC, moving from a website-based emailer with full source code editing.

The lack of a line-height option might just be a deal-breaker. I see this has been in development for a ridiculous length of time. Is there any possibility it will be implemented soon? Is there any possible workaround in the meantime?

I can write HTML but the whole point of moving to CC from a code editor is to get this off my plate and into the hands of someone else, regrettably someone who needs WYSIWYG and drag-and-drop.

CTCT Employee

Hi @JeanneA25,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are still reviewing this feature request and we do not have any further updates at this time. I apologize for any frustrations that this has caused. In the meantime a workaround is to update the global font size in the design tab to be smaller for less line spacing, and larger for larger line spacing, then resize the font size in each block. Click here to view a video that explains this workaround. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

How long you need to review for adding this such important function in your editor?

One year pass and still not seeing the solution for changing the line height from you. Please stop apologize and give us the exact date that you think you can have this function in editing area. Thanks! 

CTCT Employee

Heya @Onyx-Healthcare,

Thanks for reaching out to us!  I am in complete agreement with you on the importance of this feature. Unfortunately, we don't have an exact date for this feature to go live, but I can say it is definitely on the development team's agenda.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Just adding my voice to this chorus. Fix the line spacing option soon, and all will be right with the world. Wait much longer, and we'll be looking at other options to manage our email campaigns.

Hi @ChrisC718

Thank you for including your feedback on this feature request! While the ability to control line spacing is not a feature that is yet available, we have tracked your feedback on this and submitted it to our engineers. 

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

It is now September 2018.  Please, Constant Contact.  Line Spacing is so basic.  Either your engineers should be fired, or they are not paid enough.

Tags (3)
Highlighted

Hi @SongsdhitC

I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused from not having this feature. I can definitely understand how helpful a feature like this will be available. While we do not currently have a time estimate of when it will be available, it is a feature request being tracked and looked into by our engineers. When this feature does become available we will notify customers through the Notification Center of your accounts.

2018-09-06_13-03-26.png

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime!

Frankie.P

All Star

We've been uploading our own custom HTML emails for years with CC, and I was excited to finally try out your templates for our next one. The fact that you're missing this very basic function (among others) is making what should be a simple task impossible. It's been a year and a half since this request was made, so it's obvious your team has no interest in fixing this issue. I'm sad to say that I have to go back to the old way and abandon trying to use your templates and editor. It's just way too limiting.

CTCT Employee

Hello @BoneC

Considering that you've just started trying to use one of our templates, your disappointment is absolutely understandable.  When working with a template you're essentially trading the complete control you had before, for ease of use and some pre-designed qualities.  We're still absolutely tracking requests such as this, and I'll add your request to the others that have already been mentioned in this thread.  I'm sorry that our current templates don't currently meet the needs for your vision of your campaign.

Aaron_H