Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Button to Phone Number

SOLVED
Highlighted

Linking Button to Phone Number

Hello!

I’m trying to link a button to a phone number. It seemed intuitive that Constant Contact would accept the “tel:” protocol when you customize links, however I’m prompted to enter a valid protocol (“http:/“ or “mailto:” when I try to link a phone number—can you confirm that Constant Contact does not permit linking buttons to phone numbers? This was a helpful article explaining that phone numbers are converted to clickable links by most phone-based email clients. However, I would like to use the button as a call to action, rather than simply the phone number, and would appreciate your suggestions on how to make that happen.

Thank you!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Linking Button to Phone Number

Hi @JosephC9193 

I can understand how helpful it would be to link phone numbers in your email. I apologize at this time this is not an available feature. I have however submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams as this is a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In the meantime if you insert the phone number as text, some devices will automatically link it. However it is important to note we cannot control which devices will link it.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks for the feedback, Frankie. I appreciate your attention to this feature request. Will you be reaching out to Constant Contact users if/when this feature becomes available?

Tags (2)

Hi @JosephC9193 

I'm glad we were able to help answer your question. The release of any features like this are announced to our customers through Product Updates, here in the Community, and the Notification Center in your account as well.

2019-04-11_14-17-55.png

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.