cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List builder invalid emails

Occasional Participant

List builder invalid emails

I'm using list builder v2 for Ipad and anytime an email with a .ca extension is entered it shows an error message "invalid email" .com extensions work just fine.  I use my Ipad offline at trade shows for customers to enter their email contact.

.ca emails work fine from the browser.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: List builder invalid emails

Hello @CharlesD726,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We actually don't have any other reports of the ListBuilder app refusing .ca addresses so our internal team is going to research this further to see what may be causing this and how we can resolve it. That team will contact you directly within the next 4 business days with any information that they've found.

We really appreciate you letting us know that this is happening for you! If there's anything else that we can assist with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

A quick update on this issue, seems line any extension less than 3 characters, ie: .ca, .eu, .co etc... will not work. Anything with 3 characters ie: .com, .biz works just fine. When I type in the 2 character extension I get this invalid email icon on the right of the email field as soon as I move to the next input field.  2nd tier support from Constant Contact sent me an email that they are working on the problem and looking for a solution.  Crossing my fingers and hoping for a quick resolution.

CTCT Employee

Hello @CharlesD726,

Thank you for reaching back out to us. We appreciate your update on this issue. If you happen to have any additional questions, feel free to reach back out to us and we'd be more than happy to assist. In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Visitor

So, is this ever going to be resolved? .co.uk still shows as invalid. I'm no techy but it seems like it shouldn't be a difficult thing to do.

Hi @CEHC 

Thank you for letting us know you're having this experience as well! What type of device are you using (phone or tablet)? What is the operating system of the mobile device (iOS or Android)? Does closing the app and re-opening it help? If restarting the app does not in fact help, you can also try using our Constant Contact App. Our mobile app is another great way to continue adding contacts through your mobile device. If you are more comfortable with a desktop experience instead, please log into your account and add contacts through your desktop browser instead. 

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

It's ridiculous that this has not been dealt with already, since Constant Contact has obviously known about the issue for more than a year. 

I ended up purchasing three iPads (5th gen 9.7") which run on iOS 10 or later - consistent w/ Constant Contact's requirements for this app to function properly. Once I received them I began to set them up. While the app installs fine and I was able to set them up, I experienced the same "invalid email" response that others received when entering .ca emails. This error is specific to devices running on iOS it appears as the same error was not encountered when using an Android based device. If you know anything about Canada, you know there are a TON of email addresses ending in .ca, which renders the List Builder App as useless, when running on iOS.

Constant Contact provided me a workaround which was to build a landing page and then open it in Safari and use it that way. Initially I thought this would work. However, when you're trying to leave an iPad set up at an off-site location, this doesn't work. Putting the iPad in guided access mode and restricting it to the landing page URL renders it useless as it won't then take someone through to the "thanks for signing up" page. I would have to risk not locking down the iPad to the one specific website, opening up the ability for folks to scroll to whatever website they like. 

Long story short is that we're out a couple hundred dollars as a result of return fees associated w/ our initial iPad purchase and set back a week from launching our email contest campaign because we have to order Android devices. Super unimpressed w/ this app and a very unhappy Constant Contact customer. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @CastleM 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today. 

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience with the ListBuilder app and .ca email addresses, as previously mentioned this is an issue that our team is researching. While I don't have a time frame on a fix for the problem, I will certainly submit your feedback to your team and add you to the list to be contacted when the problem is corrected. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

There must be a lot of research involved in this problem... Seems like it is not a big issue for the app developers and low on the priority list. I've reverted to writing down emails and inputting them in manually when I get back to my desktop. I don't even bring my iPad anymore since it's useless half the time.

Hi @CharlesD726 

Though we do not have a timeline for when this update will be made, we are always open to ways we can better our user's experience. There are many factors that are used to decide what is updated in our product. Users reaching out about this experience allows us to track this experience and bring it to the attention of the appropriate teams. Though adding emails through your desktop is one way to add your contacts, have you tried our text-to-join feature? This tool allows you to add new contacts you may meet into a mailing list through a text message.

Frankie.P