cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Screen Takes Forever! Very Unproductive.

Occasional Contributor

Loading Screen Takes Forever! Very Unproductive.

The Loading Screen (pictured below) once you Login takes FOREVER (in internet terms) and frequently causes me to browse away to another tab, while waiting for it to load. I have a fast 100Mbps connection. This has been the case for years, across many devices.

It's 2019, does the platform REALLY need that much time to load? It feels like a Sluggish website from the early 2000's.

loading screen.png

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Administrator

Re: Loading Screen Takes Forever! Very Unproductive.

Hi @TransglobalS. I'm sorry that you are experiencing slow loading times but I'd be happy to see what we can do to help. The Constant Contact website can use more bandwidth than normal websites. Have you run a speed test lately? For the best site experience, we want to see an upload and download speed of at least 3mbps. If you have slow upload and download speeds, this can cause timeout errors and slow page loading even if other sites work just fine. 

Another issue that can cause slow loading times is a cache buildup. The cache acts like a database, which can get outdated easily, causing Constant Contact to reference old information. To remedy this, a simple close and reopen of your browser should clear the cache and any outdated information the browser might be holding on to. 

We suggest trying these steps first and if you still need further assistance, please reply here so we can help!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

I have 1Gig fiber and screen loading for me on Constant Contact is like watching paint dry.  It is not on my end... has gotten worse over the period that I have been a member.

Hi @JanetC449 

I apologize you are unable to work in your account as easily as you should! Are you receiving any error messages? Is this happening when you are trying to login, or access a different tab of your account? What browser are you working in? Are you having this same experience in a different browser or a private/incognito window? Testing your browser is a great troubleshooting step we always suggest. This allows you to see if there are any 3rd party add-ons that could affect how Constant Contact works in a browser.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

It has been like this for most of 2019. I hate logging in. It is still showing the loading animation as I type.

All Star

Decided to test how long it takes to login to CC.

Login start: 11:27 a.m.

Login end: Never happened. I'm tired of waiting. It's 11:37 a.m. I'm going to lunch, so hopefully I'm logged in by then.

And this is EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Highlighted
All Star

I was still here: 11:41 a.m. - I'm in!

Tags (1)

Hi @MollyF2 

I apologize you are unable to work in your account as easily as you should! What browser are you working in? Is this happening when you try logging in through a different browser or a private/incognito window? Testing your browser like this is always the first step we suggest. It allows us to see if there are any 3rd party add-ons that could affect how Constant Contact works. We would also suggest trying on a different computer, or even running a speed test.  A download speed of 3+MB and an upload of 1+MB is needed to run Constant Contact.

Please email us the results of these different troubleshooting steps to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com along with the following details:

• Computer type and operating system you're working in
  • If you are using a work or personal computer, and what type of network they are on. (Home, Work, Public)
  • Browser and version you're using
  • Your Internet Service Provider and connection type (DSL, Wireless, Satellite, 3G/4G, etc.)
  • Security software and firewall (McAfee, Norton, AVG, etc.) you have running

Frankie.P