cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

MY Links with $ in them are turning into %24

All Star

MY Links with $ in them are turning into %24

Every time I add a link to something that has a $ in it, it automatically changes it to %24 when it sends the link out. How do I go about fixing this?

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: MY Links with $ in them are turning into %24

Hello @JeanS04,

I'm sorry to see that you've had trouble with your link formatting, but hopefully I can provide some insight into that process.

Taking a look, it appears that you're trying to insert a dynamic link, which requires a degree of coding that is not available in the 3ge email builder. However, it is possible to do in the 2ge (legacy) and custom code email builders, both of which you have access to. Here are the steps for doing this in 2ge:

1. Create or edit an email in 2GE
  2. Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the link.
  3. Click the Edit this block icon in the upper left-hand corner of the block.
  4. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  5. Click the Insert button on the left-hand side of the page.
  6. Place your cursor over the Link icon and click the Plus button.
  7. In the Text to display as link field, add the text you want your contacts to see as the link.
  8. Uncheck the "Track" option. A dynamic link won't function properly if tracking is enabled for it.
  9. Enter your URL into the Link URL field.
  10. Add the variable to the end of the URL.
    Example: https://www.yourdomainhere.com/$Subscriber.Email$
  11. Click Insert to finish editing the block content.

If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to reply to this thread and we'd be happy to assist.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.