cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make inline signup form horizontal

Highlighted
All Star

Make inline signup form horizontal

Hi - I want to make an inline signup form horizontal, with the 2 boxes and the button next to each other, and equal width. I could achieve this easily with another form plugin and CSS, and connect the form to CC, but since you have changed the way the embed code works I cannot connect the form to CC. The screenshot below shows the form I made (what I want to achieve) in the top row, and at the bottom the CC form as it is without customisation - I can't get CSS to work. This box goes after blog posts. Please let me know what to do.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 1.07.22 pm.png

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
CTCT Employee

Re: Make inline signup form horizontal

Hello @ivmmag,

Thank you for showing us how you'd like to display your signup form! At this time, that is not an available option but I can certainly submit feedback to our developers on your behalf. In the meantime, you are more than welcome to create your own API or use an external tool to collect contacts and link that back to Constant Contact, if you find something that fits your design needs better.

If there's anything else that we can assist with, please let us know.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

I'm sorry but your reply is NOT ACCEPTABLE. I am not a developer, I do not know how to use an API.

I could customise my form perfectly easily to make it horizontal, and connect it to CC, but  YOU took away the ability to do that when you introduced the new type of embed code - do you Amber even know what I mean?

Horizontal forms are VERY COMMON - I'd say BASIC these days - our organisation has many thousands of contacts, but apparently providing a decent service where we can CUSTOMISE forms ourselves is beyond you. 

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @ivmmag,

Thank you for your reply and the feedback that you have provided. At this time, we do not have the ability to change our inline forms into horizontal forms. We do appreciate the suggestion and I have managed to track the feature request to your account notifying our developers. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused in not currently having this feature. However, please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

"or use an external tool to collect contacts and link that back to Constant Contact" - could you please explain what external tool we could use?

CTCT Employee

Hi @ivmmag,

Thank you for your reply. Within Constant Contact, we have third-party apps that you can use to help you grow your list. For instance, we have the the Facebook Sign-Up form which allows Facebook visitors to sign-up for your contact list. Also, if you have a Wordpress website, you can use our Wordpress integration which allows you to use a sign-up widget within your website. You can find many other apps and plug-ins that integrate with Constant Contact in the Marketplace. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

I wish this feature would be available again. In the past the embed code that was provided for each sign up form was editable so that my development team could alter it to fit with the look and feel of our website. Now it is impossible to do this. The forms no longer suit the design of my site and are basically unusable. Disappointed with the change to this feature. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @DeannaM178,

Thank you for bringing us your feedback.  I'm adding your account to the feature request, as was done for the previous messages on this forum.  I do apologize that we don't currently have any internal workarounds or programs to make this easier for you.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hello,

I would like to echo the earlier post. I think it is abolutely essential to be able to change the format of the sign-up form to fit a given website. At the moment, I do not seem able to change the font or font size. Is there really no solutions within Constant Contacts to allow this. The css should be made available locally to be editable. Cheers.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Ousmene,

Thank you for your feedback! We do completely understand how important this feature is to you. We will submit your feedback as well and you will be notified when it is implemented into the product. Thank you! 

Zoe H.