cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Massive Contact Upload Concerns

SOLVED
Highlighted
All Star

Massive Contact Upload Concerns

I work for a magazine with a substantial mailing list, and it has recently come to light that a large number of our would-be contacts have been omitted from our contact submissions. We are hoping to rectify this in the near future by re-uploading our entire contact list.

I am expecting the majority of the list to be duplicates and to merely be updated (or discarded in the case of previous unsubscribes), but I was wondering if there is anything I should do to reduce the risk of duplicate entries or if there are other issues I should be on the lookout for.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Massive Contact Upload Concerns

Hello @JenniferE7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community! I can understand your concerns about wanting to prevent any issues from arising. I am happy to report that there is nothing else you need to consider. Constant Contact automatically removes duplicates and puts unsubscribed contacts back in the Unsubscribed list. As you mentioned, when the upload goes through any existing contacts will be "updated" to reflect the changes made (such as being added to a new list or having new fields in their contact information). 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.