cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Certified Solution Providers. Please check in.

Honored Contributor

Master Certified Solution Providers. Please check in.

I'd be interested in hearing from any Master Certified Solution Providers.

Please check in.

11 REPLIES 11
Honored Contributor

Master Certified Solution Providers ?

I'd be interested in hearing from any Master Certified Solution Providers.

Please check in.

Honored Contributor

Re: Master Certified Solution Providers ?

Hello @Clique_Marketing , 

I reached out to a few Solution Providers who are Master Certified to see if they can reply to this post and help to answer some questions for you.  

It might help them to know if you are looking for specific information, or have specific questions.  Feel free to post your questions here or maybe ask for them to get in touch with you privately (via Private Message here in the Community or email), if you would prefer. 

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Re: Master Certified Solution Providers. Please check in.

Hello!  Checking in.  

Ellen McDowell
Ellen McDowell - Your Social Butterfly
Master Certified Solution Provider
Valued Contributor

Hi Tony,

I'm assuming you're asking about the ROI on becoming a Master Certified SP. Although I can't speak for others, I've found that the return has been extremely high since achieving Master status. The nominal application fee can be considered an Advertising line item for your 2015 taxes (so it evens out) and the process, albeit somewhat involved, is well developed and helps you to identify opportunities for growth in your service offerings and business model. 

After becoming Master Certified, I made sure to leverage the Constant Contact brand to bolster my company's visibility and credibility as a premium service provider. From both a sales perspective, I have seen substantial growth in my coaching and service revenues as a result. 

In essence, it's a "no-brainer." You have the brand equity of a goliath in the online marketing space at your fingertips. A little hard work, and you get to pair your "clique" with Constant Contact in a much more impactful fashion. 

I was fortunate enough to feature in a video about service layering and Master Certification if you want to check it out. May help to elaborate on the value a little more: www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KonREzmQs 

All The Best,

Bryan Caplan

www.bjcbranding.com

Best,

Bryan
--------
Bryan Caplan
CEO, BJC Branding
Master Certified Local Expert, Constant Contact

Phone: (781) 349-5444
Email: bryan@bjcbranding.com

BJC Branding - Master Certified Expert - Constant Contact
Honored Contributor

Byran and Ellen,

Thank you for responding and sharing your experience.

We paid to be accredited when that was the thing to do, then this program started and at first they did not have too much specific information about the lead sharing.  That is what we were most interested in at the time.  We went through the interview and had our clients fill out the surveys and got up to the point of writing the check for the certification.  Due to some unforeseen issues at the end of the year we had to pull the plug.

But now that it has launched, and I see a few companies have  taken the plunge, I thought I'd get feedback on it from someone other than Constant Contact.

I was specifically interested in the lead sharing, which I see you did not mention.  What are the number of leads passed on, what is the state of the lead, how much pro bono work is involved trying to convert a lead into a customer.  Do the leads end up being your clients?  What is the conversion rate and how much work is involved in a non-revenue generating capacity?

You can respond in private if you wish.  I would appreciate your honest assessment of the lead sharing portion of the program which we see as the most lucrative portion.

Thank you.

Tony

To add a couple more points:

1. Factor or weigh in how you envision your partnership unfolding in 2015 with Constant Contact and what you plan to do with this business opportunity.

2. Ensure you have a sales team or sales processes and a solid CRM in place BEFORE you become Master Certified

3. Have a lineup of resources available via the partner console to help you achieve your 2015 goal

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

As Constant Contact Certified Partners & Trainers we host weekly free training webinars to help users master email marketing. Register here: https://www.marketadvertisepromote.com/events
Honored Contributor

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for your response.

1. Factor or weigh in how you envision your partnership unfolding in 2015 with Constant Contact and what you plan to do with this business opportunity.   I'm actually trying to uncover what incremental business opportunity that might be by asking questions here.

2. Ensure you have a sales team or sales processes and a solid CRM in place BEFORE you become Master Certified.  

This is a suprise.  I get the CRM but totally don't get the need for a sales team.  How's that?  I'm looking for those inbound leads from the Constant Contact promise. I realize I would have to follow up, nurture and service to some degree, but I'm missing the sales process part of your comment.

3. "Have a lineup of resources available via the partner console to help you achieve your 2015 goal".  

This is something that most of the Solution Providers might have independent of the Master Certification program.  I would be interested in why you think this is more important to you now.

What has been your experience with the sales leads process they promise?  I see that as a major reason to join the program.

Tony Schaefer
Let me consult on your project
Accredited CTCT Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

2. Ensure you have a sales team or sales processes and a solid CRM in place BEFORE you become Master Certified.  

This is a suprise.  I get the CRM but totally don't get the need for a sales team.  How's that?  I'm looking for those inbound leads from the Constant Contact promise. I realize I would have to follow up, nurture and service to some degree, but I'm missing the sales process part of your comment.

Answer:  You may get many leads from them and need to be on top of it for best performance/results.  It can easily become a transactional sales experience without selling solutions and more accounts only.  Sales process flow is key to success and you don't need a sales team but you do need to be organized around sales and sales management.  

3. "Have a lineup of resources available via the partner console to help you achieve your 2015 goal".  

This is something that most of the Solution Providers might have independent of the Master Certification program.  I would be interested in why you think this is more important to you now.

What has been your experience with the sales leads process they promise?  I see that as a major reason to join the program.

Answer:  They do what they say and that's to give you leads in trial form within the sp lead passing program. You can opt-in or out as you wish and also request international leads and or in other languages too.  What you give to CTCT is what you get, this by far is one of the greatest partner programs a VAR could ever ask for.  The SP console is loaded with tons of great resources required to help you get to where you want to go.  Sales documentation has already been created, guides and more so we don't have to.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

As Constant Contact Certified Partners & Trainers we host weekly free training webinars to help users master email marketing. Register here: https://www.marketadvertisepromote.com/events

Hi Tony,
I think this is very smart of you to educate yourself prior to jumping in.  We did not have that opportunity because it was a new program. However, I have a very long and highly mutually respectful relationship with Constant Contact so when they put this out there I jumped on the opportunity. I have been very happy with the results so far.  Have I received leads? Absolutely, several, in fact.  Only one of them  has actually resulted in a closed account or new business for me BUT that is ok with me because I can see these leads are coming in and will continue to.  I have just received a lead, a strong one, from a company who is located very close to me.  In addition, somehow that lead got returned to CTCT and they reached back out to me again (I don't know how it got rejected because I did not do that - may have timed out) to say "are you sure"? Constant Contact knew that this would be a good fit and so they took the time to try to place us with that lead again.  It says a lot to me about how much CTCT cares about me growing my business and the client being matched properly.  

More than anything else, I use the label of being Master Certified to generate further credibility, trust and publicity.  I sent out a press release and developed a social media campaign to generate more and found great results. I was surprised to find just how much credibility it actually lended.  I still see people congratulating me even though this was several months ago.

I do agree that you need to have a plan and procedure in place for how you will respond and keep track of these.  I really like the platform they give to us so that I can document my contacts with that client which stays in my console.  But it is important to know what you will say and how you will work with this client before you reach out to them.  I take the time to check out the lead's online presence so that I know something about them before I call them.  

You asked about pro-bono - and I have not had CTCT refer me to any pro-bono projects.  We have a process in place for any pro-bono work that we do such as utilization of the CTCT Free template services from the custom design department. 

I hope that this helps!  Good luck to you.  I believe that Master Certification is worth it.  I am even considering offering it to one of my employees at some point.  

Kim Walker

5 Stones Media

www.5stonesmedia.com

KW 2015.jpeg

Thanks for reading!

Kim Walker
5 Stones Media
Constant Contact Area Local Expert
Solution Provider
Member of Solution Provider Advisory Council
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!