cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Dot in ConstantContact newsletter URL

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Missing Dot in ConstantContact newsletter URL

Each week I receive a newsletter from the White Memorial organization. This comes through CC. At the top of each issue is a link to view the newsletter at the Constant Contact website. However this link is ALWAYS incorrect in that there is no dot before the "com". Can someone tell me why this is happening and what the fix is? The newsletter owner has no ideas so it is up to CC to remedy this.

Please see screenshot below for details. Thanks.

ConstantContact error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Missing Dot in ConstantContact newsletter URL

Hi @DeanW93 

I apologize this is happening with the email you are receiving. Is this happening for you in different email clients? However we cannot do troubleshooting for an account you do not have access to. Instead we suggest the sender of this email to contact our Support for further assistance.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Franke, I have only one email client, Outlook 2007. It seems odd that an email client would drop the dot. It seems more likely that your software is formating the URL incorrectly. Please check that it is for this client. I have communicated with her and she is clueless about computers. I think she just inherited this newsletter with her position and has no idea how it works.

Hi @DeanW93 

I can understand how important it is for any link to work correctly. Testing your email client is always a troubleshooting step we suggest as some clients can read the code of an email differently. We also would be happy to help look into this experience. Please have the sender call into our Support so we can continue to look into this. 

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

So now it has been 3 months and you have not fixed this! The problem is in YOUR URL in a newsletter that YOU send out. I have talked to your client and they know nothing about how to fix this because YOU are the ones that add this faulty URL to the top of every newsletter. PLEASE JUST ADD THE FREAKIN DOT!!  How difficult is t hat?? Your customer service SUCKS!

Hi @DeanW93 

I apologize this is the experience you've had! This is definitely not the experience we want our users to have with our Support Team. In fact we would like to collect a few more details from you as we continue to look into this experience. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and the following information:

• Name of your email campaign
  • Affected URL string
  • Name of spam filter, security program, or firewall used on your computer
  • Email address and email client used during this experience
  • Your internet service provider

Frankie.P