cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile App

Occasional Participant

Mobile App

I think perhaps that I have downloaded an update that has gone awry.  I cannot get a regular email out, something that was so simple before.  It keeps looping on my ipad — i am still on the ipad but am nw on your website and things are a bit better.  Am actually furious — I pay CC more than any other supplier and yet when I actually do need help — your chat and phone are down for the night.  Not on!!! I went to CC rather than MC specifically for the help you promised and I pay a pretty high price for that.  So please get back to me when you are all back on your desks and help me sort out why suddenly I can’t get a simple email out on your mobile app.

12 REPLIES 12
CTCT Employee

Re: Mobile App

Hello @HeatherF141,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for the experience you are having with our mobile app. If you have not created the email on the mobile app then it will not allow you to edit or send it out unless you use your computer. If that is not the case, please give me some more information about what is happening. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Zoe i am genuinely confused. I used to send emails easily via my app and my cc acount. Now none of it works. What happened? My ipad is unresponsive and it loops back to make me create another campaign.
CTCT Employee

Hello @HeatherF141 ,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties using our system on your iPad. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions in order to be able to further assist you. Is this issue replicating on both the browser and the mobile app? Have you attempted using a secondary browser or private/incognito mode for the browser you usually use? Also, do you see any error messages coming up on your screen or does it just keep looping for you?

Jon_G

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Hi Jon. Was on the line with support today and we figured out it was the new editor from CC which is configured for desktop (according to the marketing spladpage) and may or may not work with iOS13. They asked me to drlete my mobile cc app and reinstall which i have done. I did get a photo into an email but the ipad is still unresponsive to my text. An overall terrible situation which is not why i signed up for CC. for most of this past year CC made my life easy but now my list is useless I would like to go back to the old editor until they sort this out. I no longer use a desktop or a laptop so digging them out and firing them up is not an option.
Tags (1)
Highlighted

Hi @HeatherF141 

Thank you for giving us this update! We're happy to hear our phone support was able to assist. With that said at this time we are unable to switch you to our previous mobile editor. In these cases we would suggest accessing your templates through a desktop computer instead. There have also been cases where making sure there is a valid address under the organization info in "My Settings" helps as well.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi Frankie. I assume from your answer that you have no idea when this will get fixed and your mobile app will once again become usable for mobile. I now have no choice but to fire up the old clunker PC and see if it works, a further time waster. Please keep me informed of developments as i would like to go back using CC as freely and easily as i used to as soon as you get this fixed. I do feel that i must contact billing now and see about a reduction in my fee as the terms by which i signed on to CC no longer apply. Thank you for your response. I hope you will get this fixed soon.
Occasional Participant

Just a follow up to say that eventually I was able to get an email out via mobile.  That was a huge relief.  Although it seemed like it was looping at campaign name I was able find the way in eventually.  I should say that I don’t think it should have been this hard but the fact that it appears to be usable makes it all good.

Some things I did also find.  The editor is still not as responsive as I would like to my touch on my ipad, so definitely something CC should look at.  It might resolve via Apple too as I have the new 13 update and I have heard that is a bit of a game changer.

I was surprised to see on the test email, text that I had not entered.  That is in the subject line which is only accessible when the email is actually scheduled.  Th control freak in me would like not to see any text in the test email that I did not create — so finding a way to change the subject at the draft stage would be great.

The biggest surprise was that I mostly figured this out myself.  I tried the possible fixes suggested in both the forum and the support desk and they did not help at all. The people were all very friendly and really tried to find answers but it felt like there was a disconnect between whoever developed the new editor and the support desk. Further, getting back in after a couple of disconnections (one via phone and the other via internet)  was enough to discourage any further pursuit and the help desk did not follow up later with me.   I had thought CC had superior support but now am a bit disappointed.

Despite that, if I can get some more responsiveness between the editor and the IPad this may work.  My needs are pretty simple.  Many thanks to all who responded on this forum. 

Hi @HeatherF141 

Thank you for following up with these details. I apologize for the experience you've had creating it and understand the importance of being able to create it as easily as possible. With that said it's important to point out this is a new editor, an editor that we are trying to update as quickly as we can. As for being able to edit your subject line, having this ability in the editing page of an email is a feature request we have submitted to our Product  Team.

Frankie.P

Occasional Participant

Hi Frankie:  Appreciate that you all are “on this”  — and I also appreciate your replies — I do feel someone is listening and I have also been invited to speak with someone else at CC on Friday via phone so this is all good.

But I do ask you to see it from my viewpoint.  You sent out a new editor without notice — if there was I certainly didn’t see it.  I do know that those of us who are occasional users were not invited to test a beta.  From my vantage point, this just suddenly appeared and at a time when I just needed to get an email out the door.

What a shock to realize that this was not working! And then your support was down! When you are testing a new editor?! Why would you do that?! And when so many of your users are on Apple —to time this around the iOS13 update? I don’t know if that was a factor but did you even think of that?  If so, fess up, share it with your customers - we get it but at the end of the day, this is your responsibility.

There is no question that it interrupted my small business and I do feel that between the inability to get this done and the time I have spent on support and on the forum — I do expect not to pay this month!

And when I finally got support — they didn’t seem to connect at first that this might be a problem - they came to that conclusion on their own  As a manager in my earlier career, my strong sense is that they were not getting support from the top.  I say that because, they worked to find an answer, they went to talk others and they asked for further information (which unfortunately was not able to provide - my tech bad) - so I feel they were not fully in the loop with respect to the new editor.

So yes the follow up has been great.  Wish you had done some further testing on tech cretins like me!  Heather