cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Friendly/Responsive Issues

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Friendly/Responsive Issues

I have a template that I've been using for some time now.  It's worked just fine for years, both on mobile and desktop devices.  Suddenly this month, it splits the mobile version down to half the width of the phone, despite the fact that it was built off of a mobile friendly template.  In the preview screen, it shows both mobile and desktop versions looking correct:

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 4.35.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-06 at 4.33.43 PM.png

So, I go to go explore a new template, choose a mobile responsive design, and there is no mobile preview.  In fact there is no mobile preview on any of the templates that I have tried, despite their claim to be mobile responsive.  What gives?

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 4.36.28 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mobile Friendly/Responsive Issues

Hello @AndyM7. I apologize that you are not seeing your email display properly on your phone. We want to look into this for you. 

The screenshots that you provided actually show two campaigns created using two different editors. The first two screenshots are campaigns created using our newest third-generation editor. This editor also includes a specified desktop and mobile preview feature. The last screenshot is a campaign created using our second-generation editor, which does not include a desktop/mobile preview feature. I just sent a preview of the last screenshot to my mobile device (iPhone) and it does display properly so this is a mobile responsive template. If you send a test of that same campaign to yourself, are you seeing it display in a mobile-responsive manner?

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

That makes sense, but how do I control which editor the template is using?  I have not seen an option for that. 

Hi @AndyM7. The only way you can control what editor you are using by selecting a template that uses that particular editor. Also, you can make a copy of previously sent campaign that used the editor that you wish to use to create your campaign. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.