cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile sign up random selection

SOLVED
All Star

Mobile sign up random selection

I will be attending a trade show and using the mobile app on my tablet for sign ups and give-away's at the show. Each day @3:00, those who have signed up on the app are eligible to win. I need a way to randomly select a name from the entrants of that day. OF the several hundred people who sign up, how can I have the created contact list randomly select a name? Please advise.
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Mobile sign up random selection

Hello @BruceM722,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

The contact management system is only designed to collect contacts and place them into a list. There is not a build in functionality to automatically pick a contact for sweepstakes or drawings. My recommendation is to export the list of contacts and use a random number generator (should be a quick search on the internet) to choose a row number for the winner. This is likely the best and most random way to select a winner. 

I hope that this was helpful!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!