cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Move data between contacts columns

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Move data between contacts columns

Is there anyway to bulk edit CC contacts? 

Long story short, I have ended up with two similar columns of data in my contacts data, City + Custom Field City2. If a user has data in one column, they don't have it in the other column. Can I somehow merge these two columns into one? 

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Move data between contacts columns

Hello there @JakeM429 !

I see you have asked this same question with a bit more background to it, so I will answer your question there as well in regards to the WordPress plugin

However in this case here, you can most certainly export these contacts in an excel file, which you can find the steps to do so here.

Then once you have the file, you can certainly re-upload the contacts. In the uploading process it will prompt you to match up columns up with their corresponding column title, where you can then have the city data for your contacts match up with the city column. You can find more information on uploading a file back into Constant Contact here.

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.