cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple lists, one default on sign up form

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Multiple lists, one default on sign up form

I've searched and tried to find out how to do this and haven't figured it out yet.

We have multiple lists for people to sign up for, and most people are on more than one list.  We would like everyone to be on our General Interest by default and automatically, and then they choose what other targeted emails they want to receive.  It seems I can select one list to be default, but then they don't have any other options to choose.  Or they have all the options but I can't "pre-select" General Interest for them.

What's the trick to putting them on General Interest, and then allowing them to choose other options?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Multiple lists, one default on sign up form

Hi @SueL825,

Thank you for reaching out to us! We unfortunately don’t have a way for contacts to automatically move to a general interest list when they sign up. We do have a manual way for you to merge all of your lists into one separate General interest list after they sign up. This way, they will be able to sign up for the lists that they want, but you can also have them all on the same separate list as well. 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

OK, then - is there a way to order the list options other than alphabetically?

CTCT Employee

Hello @SueL825,

Thanks for getting back to us!  I'm afraid that there is not currently a way to change the ordering of the list options in your sign-up forms.  At this point in time, the lists will automatically order themselves alphabetically on the final form.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

It doesn't matter which of your lists people sign up for. You have the option when you send out each campaign to send "general interest" campaigns to all your lists. Just select them all. No people will be duplicated so no one will get more than 1 copy of the campaign. But this way that kind of info goes to everyone on any of your lists. 

CTCT Employee

Hey @hvhibiscus,

Thank you very much for your input into this conversation! It is very much appreciated. If you happen to have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to us. I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing